New Wings-span book

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:51 am

Not to worry, Chris and Wings. I'm sure Denny will come out with something soon called LaineSpan to give his slant on things. If he does, I know he will sell at least two copies.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:53 am

Ooh, that's harsh . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:40 am

Denny Laine was a bit more than a side-man for Paul. He could help you understand his creative process and some of the things that went down when they were recording. Sure, Denny has made mistakes but he is somebody who could have added value to Wingspan the book instead of us getting the same old tired story of Henry Mccullough changing the My Love solo during the orchestra set.

By the way, he could have given us an idea of Paul's state of mind and why he finally agreed to do Beatle songs and which ones? And why?
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:14 pm

Did Mary take most of the photos? She's an awesome photographer, like her mum. Denny Laine, right after he left Wings, gave interviews criticizing how the Maccas raised their kids and kept house. I thought it was pretty nasty of him then and still do. No one with 3 small kids have a spotless house! I agree that Paul could call any band Wings but without Linda.... I think it would be really interesting if H2 joined playing sax - it would add a new dimension to the music! Cooool! Anyway, to get back to the book, if it's pretty much like the film, then it's about the family. Personally, I taped the show on tv and would buy the book used, if at all, on the net like on Barnes and Noble or Amazon. H2's book I'll buy new so the money will go to the minefields like she wants it to. I'm not cheap, btw, just poor. :)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:38 pm

Mary's a hottie and has a restraining order against some guy from around the DC area. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:41 pm

And please no Heather on stage playing sax. I like the band just the way it is. She said that Paul asked her and I liked her answer: NO!
LOL. Maybe under different circumstances, yeah. It might be cool. Depends on her proficiency.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:10 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Mary's a hottie and has a restraining order against some guy from around the DC area. [:D]

LOL, yes! The guy's a FREAK!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:12 pm

He's a SUPER FREAK, man! [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:18 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
And please no Heather on stage playing sax. I like the band just the way it is. She said that Paul asked her and I liked her answer: NO!
LOL. Maybe under different circumstances, yeah. It might be cool. Depends on her proficiency.

I agree Steve. I think she's much too smart to get up there anyway.
She knows she would just be opening herself to all the crap thrown at poor Linda.
Besides she likes jazz.[xx(] I love you, Heather, but not jazz. gross.
Also, I think Steve's made a very good point in regards to how many copies would be sold of a Denny Laine book. There isn't really a market for it. How many of his post Wings albums sold anyway?
And Shinestar, I'm with you, I'm poor too. I just have to save up for stuff, which is cool. I like used bookstores, myself. I've got some super UK Beatles books that way.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:24 pm

Is the Wingspan book available in Hardback? I've just seen the paperback version with an extra-thick shell.

I kind of look at it more as a coffee table book than a biography. That's even the way I looked at the Anthology book, even though it was loaded with information.

Maybe Paul will agree to another book like "Many Years From Now" detailing his Wings songs.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions