Out of key lines sang (or played) by Macca???

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I had a stinky cord once. I pulled it way too much, much to my wife's chagrin. She had it surgically removed.
I just like this story. Figured I'd bring it up again. Fond memories [:D]

So what was this "stinky cord"?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:02 pm

HAHA. I had it installed at the LeftCheekSneak Institute. It facilitated gastric outbursts, as I had lost the means to generate my own.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:03 pm

HAHA. I had it installed at the LeftCheekSneak Institute. It facilitated gastric outbursts, as I had lost the means to generate my own.

Ah, I see . . . [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby dakota » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:10 am

[quote]Originally posted by Grillo
And what about that stinky chord in Let it be?

I think it may of been intentional 'cause Paul's piano was on its own individual track. If they didn't like that chord played there, Paul could have easily cleaned up that little part.

Funny thing is when I play that song on piano, I play it note for note like the recording, except that one part, cause I haven't been able to figure out what he's playin' there.
dakota

Postby Steve-o » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:43 am

I think Paul and the others have said that they were so fed up with the bad vibes of those sessions that they just didn't want to veven mess with the stuff over a year later. I'm excited for the planned re-release of the original tapes, sans Spector, of that album. Should be interesting, although i dont know when he's going to have the time to get 'round to it.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:15 am

When I do Let It Be, I do it straight. I try to get everything technically accurate. The one thing I do different is the instrumental in the middle. Given that it's just me doing it on keyboard, the guitar solo wouldn't quite work. So I do it the way the RRSO did it on the Beatles For Strings album I have - the instrumental on that is even stronger than George's solo. No sh!t.
Liam OSM

Postby single pigeon » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:28 am

Musical perfection 100% of the time is impossible. Yeah Macca has his off days as we all do. To sing live on tour every night for three months, is physically demanding of course his voice is gonna suffer some times. But what you have to remember is this guys been doing this for fourty years and we can only pick out a few instances where his performance has been less than tip top. I think thats pretty f***ing spectacular. I've had some really bad gigs and sang and played s**t, but you roll with it and try and do better the next time. I'm just glad he's still playing live and entertaining our ungrateful asses. !!!!.
single pigeon

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:38 am

Agreed. You can't be perfect all the time, but if you do your best consistently, you'll be respected for it.
Liam OSM

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions