Out of key lines sang (or played) by Macca???

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby constv » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:14 am

quote:Originally posted by Ayatollah Rock and Rollah
You wanna hear off key then listen to Tripping the Live Fantastic. I still can't figure out why he released that album. It's embarrasing.

You must have been on drugs when you listened to it! Or, perhaps you need to finally replace that cheap flat-sounding boombox with a better stereo... [;)] "Tripping..." is an awesome live record, perfect performance, excellent quality of recording! Nothing on it is out of tune! Honestly, people, this whole topic is a bunch of BS, really. Sounds like Grillo pulled this out of his ass - just to generate some noise...
constv

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:08 pm

Constv - don't worry, Rollah is just the resident nuisance. He keeps coming back under different names, and he is the living epitomy of arrogance. Ignore him.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:52 pm

CONSTV!! Hey man!! It's been a LONG time! Cons is one of the original forum members. Come back more often, man. I've always enjoyed your posts!
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:34 pm

Paul out of tune. The only time i ever heard him really out of tune was when he did "Birthday " in 1990 during the stadium tour at RFK in July of 1990. His voice was shot, it was really out of tune, and just a complete embarrassment.

It was the first time i ever saw Paul grimace and shrug his shoulders in embarrassment.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:03 am

I'm sorry to say this but Linda's voice was average and not very good. When filtered with Paul's and Denny's, it gave Wings a recognizable sound. But, to say that Linda had a good voice ....well, let's not go there. Is somebody going to say next she played keyboards better than Rick Wakeman....

I love Linda and all that - but, let's not put her up there with the Christina Aguileras, Celine Dion of the world...
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:10 am

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
I'm sorry to say this but Linda's voice was average and not very good. When filtered with Paul's and Denny's, it gave Wings a recognizable sound. But, to say that Linda had a good voice ....well, let's not go there. Is somebody going to say next she played keyboards better than Rick Wakeman....

I love Linda and all that - but, let's not put her up there with the Christina Aguileras, Celine Dion of the world...

Agreed.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:32 am

Of course she does not play keyboards better than Rick Wakeman - I saw him about three years ago, and he was amazing!
Liam OSM

Postby music peace » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:10 pm

What's all this about Linda being off? I've heard Ram On before and I listened to it the other day and I heard NOTHING off key. And every time I have heard it I haven't heard anything off key. I think Linda has a LOVELY voice. So she's not a pop princess, but she sounds wonderful and her and Paul blend especially well.
That's how I see it anyway! [:I]

(Ps: I kinda like that "stinky chord" On Let it Be [;)])
music peace

Postby Grillo » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:17 pm

(Ps: I kinda like that "stinky chord" On Let it Be [;)])
[/quote]

MAybe beacuse we are already accostumed, but it is stinky . no doubt about it [;)]
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby music peace » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:20 pm

*smiles* For me it's probably because I think ANYTHING Paul or the Beatles do or did is FANTASTIC [:D]
music peace

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions