That Day Is Done

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby single pigeon » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:14 am

I,ve just rediscovered this song, I'd forgotten how good it is.
I put FITD in my car the other week, and havent yet taken it out.
The tape has just been going round and round in my stereo for about
three weeks. I haven't listened to it for about a year up untill now, I love rediscovering albums like that. It brings it all back why I got into Macca in the first place. But I agree that "That day is done" is possibly the best track on FITD!!.[8D]
single pigeon

Postby magill » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:15 pm

Hi to the Man.........I believe you're right. The first person is deceased. The line about I must stay underground could have a double meaning as well, another words the person must keep his opinions hidden (but that day is done)or the obvious reason, that he was murdered and has been placed underground.[:(]
magill

Postby Steve-o » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:32 pm

quote:Originally posted by Maestri09
Really? I think McCartney's last legitimate album was "Off the ground". WOW. That's quite a statement. FITD was great, and OTG was such a disappointment for me. Sounds half-baked to me. Some really daft lyrics throughout the album. FP was so much better, and then Driving Rain just eclipsed everything else. His finest, most rocking, and most personal album to date. I guess we disagree on this one.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:11 pm

Really? I think McCartney's last legitimate album was "Off the ground". His later albums, which are great, do not give me that ambitious sense of taking the music further, rather they are just slow and pop songs that are in somewhat easy chord arrangements and rhyme well.

Whoa. Are you serious? Flaming Pie is awesome. Some of Paul's best love songs in recent years. And Driving Rain just flat out rocks. DR is quite simply amazing.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:49 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Really? I think McCartney's last legitimate album was "Off the ground". His later albums, which are great, do not give me that ambitious sense of taking the music further, rather they are just slow and pop songs that are in somewhat easy chord arrangements and rhyme well.

Whoa. Are you serious? Flaming Pie is awesome. Some of Paul's best love songs in recent years. And Driving Rain just flat out rocks. DR is quite simply amazing.

I agree with Ram 1000%.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:44 am

I dig FLITD and FP much more than OTG. I like OTG, but not near as much as all of the latest albums.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions