I've Changed My Tune on the Song Freedom

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby The Man » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:44 am

I wish it was called , kill all the fundamentalist muslim terrorist bastards in this world but I'll go along with Freedom. Why have I changed my tune?

My first cousin got married on the 5th October just over a week ago. He and his wife went to Bali for their honeymoon. When we heard news of the bombing we were relieved to find out he and his wife were ok. What we didn't know was that all three bridesmaids and a cousin of the bride also went to Bali as a gift from the newlyweds. Two of the bridesmaids were sisters of the bride with one being an identical twin. All four are still missing. They were at the Sari Club on the night of the bombing. The story has made today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney) on page 3. This is too sad for words.
The Man

Postby The Man » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:44 am

I wish it was called , kill all the fundamentalist muslim terrorist bastards in this world but I'll go along with Freedom. Why have I changed my tune?

My first cousin got married on the 5th October just over a week ago. He and his wife went to Bali for their honeymoon. When we heard news of the bombing we were relieved to find out he and his wife were ok. What we didn't know was that all three bridesmaids and a cousin of the bride also went to Bali as a gift from the newlyweds. Two of the bridesmaids were sisters of the bride with one being an identical twin. All four are still missing. They were at the Sari Club on the night of the bombing. The story has made today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney) on page 3. This is too sad for words.
The Man

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:17 am

Oooh, god, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope they find them alive and well . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:39 am

Man--Glad to see you back on the forum. However, I wish it was under better circumstances. I am SO sorry to hear about this. I wish you and your family well, and that they get through this tragic and horiffic time. Don't worry, al Qaeda and the rest of those terrorist quacks will pay for all their wrong-doings.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:46 am

Very sad, The Man. I'm sorry. My prayers go out to you and the families involved.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:12 pm

The Man my condolences to you and all involved!! Paul McCartney hit the bullseye with the song Freedom, I liked it from the very second I heard it!! Paul is absolutely right, we must fight for the right to live in FREEDOM!!!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccafan
The Man my condolences to you and all involved!! Paul McCartney hit the bullseye with the song Freedom, I liked it from the very second I heard it!! Paul is absolutely right, we must fight for the right to live in FREEDOM!!!!

Agreed. I loved the song from the off as well - and I taught myself how to play it purely by ear! Doubtless it will be a feature in my next concert - part of the singalong section, no doubt. [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby megs » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:49 pm

i'm so sorry dude

... o yeah i liked the song freedom as soon as i heard it too[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:27 pm

I'm sorry for you too. My brother was in dat club just a year ago.

I have to say that I don't like the song freedom but I certainly do agree with the lyrics
Thomas

Postby The Man » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:17 pm

Thank you for your support everyone. This act reminded me of something Paul said about the song This One which I never took notice of. He said that the only thing you really have in life is the moment you are living right now because you don't really know what the future will hold. When I hear someone say that the people who were killed in Bali or 9/11 were at the wrong place at the wrong time I say bull****. They were at the right place at the wrong time. They were just living their lives.

Paul is coming to Melbourne in November and I will definitely make the trek from Sydney to see the show.... I hope he plays Freedom too..thanks for your support once again... when people go missing for more than 24-48 hours you have to start preparing for the worst....the parents of all the girls flew out yesterday still clinging to a hope that they will be found alive ....
The Man

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions