Linda's Statue

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
congrats on your first choke, liam.

Thanks - although I think I got one from Steve when I wasn't even trying to be funny . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:38 pm

quote:to scrod and steve: happy birthday!!!!

thanks! you got the right month this time.[:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:40 pm

quote:Yes, Scrod. Getting up there, lol. How have you felt since YOUR quarter century day? Are you cramped and walking with a cane yet? LOL

I eat dinner at 4pm and go to bed at 7 pm and I smell like ben gay.
Getting old is a b*tch.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:35 pm

quote:thanks! you got the right month this time.[:)]

LOL, Scrod.

quote:quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Scrod. Getting up there, lol. How have you felt since YOUR quarter century day? Are you cramped and walking with a cane yet? LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eat dinner at 4pm and go to bed at 7 pm and I smell like ben gay.
Getting old is a b*tch.

HAHA. That's nothing! I'm having performance anxiety. [V]
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:12 pm

OH NO! CHOKE!
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby moose6410 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:56 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
I am sure the tabloids were particularly interested in getting the date scheduled so he couldn't be there. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a hand in it just so they could write a sctahing article. Would be just like them . . .
[xx(]Such is, I'm sure, the case. When you have a tour schedule as tight as his is, that's been set for ages, it is just not possible to alter it. Think of the thousands of people involved. And think what a concert would be like if Macca were to try to be all things to everybody, and get sick in the process? The man does a beautiful dedication to Linda every night on the tour, in a song to her. He knows who he is, what he feels, and no statue will alter that a bit. We who value human beings more than blocks of stone or bronze know and respect Paul, and Linda, regardless.
moose6410

Postby megs » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:25 pm

Example of BAD PRESS Heather was speaking of in 20/20 Interview #866
Oct 26, 2002 by Mike Kovacich

Well it hasn't even been 12 hours since ABC aired a new interview Barabara Walters did with Heather with Paul, and the press just keeps coming with up with ridiculous acusations - this time directed at Paul himself. Below, I have copied an article from the online Daily Record. I will comment on it first. If the event was so important to the town, why couldn't they schedule it when there is a break in his current tour. To actually expect Paul to fly from Mexico to Scotland on Friday and then immediatlely fly back to Mexico so to perform a rigorous 3 hour set on Saturday is unbelievable. Over the years this town has shown deep affection for Paul and family and have been very tight lipped as to the farms location etc. I'm sure the newspaper had trouble finding someone to say something negative against Paul. Notice the digs about the marriage and "deep rifts with the children".
Why not mention about the nearly one million fans who have cheered, danced, sang, rocked and cried with Paul throughout the tour thus far. Always something negative from these things that call themselves "newspapers". I may get sued here but I think "toiletpapers" is a better fitting name. Shame on them on the people who actually buy these rags.

Here is the article as it appears in the Daily Record:

SIR PAUL `TOO BUSY' FOR LINDA MEMORIAL Oct 26 2002
NEWLYWED Sir Paul McCartney will snub the unveiling of a statue of his late wife, Linda - even though he commissioned it.

The former Beatle says he will be too busy in Mexico to attend Friday's ceremony in Campbeltown.

Yet, ahead of Linda's memorial, Sir Paul has already unveiled a tribute to his new wife, the ex- model Heather Mills, 34.

In May, he showed off his painting of a female nude and dedicated it to her.

An angry Campbeltown local said: "For someone who is supposed to have been so devoted to Linda, and to have loved Kintyre, it is shameful. There is a lot of speculation Heather has put pressure on him not to go."

A spokesman for Sir Paul, 59, said the memorial was "a Campbeltown thing - not a McCartney family thing".

Yet it was Sir Paul, 59, who approved the £20,000 bronze effigy of Linda - who died in 1998 after battling cancer.

Sir Paul has admitted that late wife "adored" High Park Farm, where they fled after the break-up of the Beatles.

His marriage in June to the former model is said to have caused deep rifts with his children, Mary, Stella, James and step- daughter Heather.

-------

ouch[xx(]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:41 pm

Sorry, but I just read the headline and couldn't read the article. Sick. Doesn't surprise me though.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:46 pm

Mike Kovacich

"Shame on them on the people who actually buy these rags."

Exactly, Mike!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lin » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:44 pm

Boy do I ever agree What Trash! What does that dam statue have to do with Paul's love for Linda????? He sings his heart out for her in every single concert. I really think there are very few devoted Paul fans out there that will stand up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!I also liked the interview on 20/20 last night. I think Heather is a kind loving person and who cares what they have to say against her anyway. Hey was Linda really an Angel when Paul met her???? As far as all the houses they own they have the money so WHY NOT?????
Lin

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions