Linda's Statue

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:46 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Liam---the show is actually between 2:30 and 2:45.............

OK, whatever. I don't know the exact figures, so I was taking a rough guess. Either way, a 90 minute soundcheck on top of that would take some doing!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Lin » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:05 pm

Ok Guys so I went a little overboard with 90 minutes (Give Me A Break] I'm getting old plus I'm not over Thursday night yet.I want you all to know I got my voice back I'm ready to do it over again. Don't I Wish!
Lin

Postby mr. kite » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:10 pm

They should really postpone it. A dedication for Linda without Paul is unthinkable!
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lin » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:20 pm

Mr. Kite I totaly agree with you, it is crazy. Why would anyone go thru with this without Paul? I still think he will show up or postpone it for later. I know alot of people think Heather has something to do with this but then again alot of people blame Heather for everything. What ever happens I'm sure Paul has it under control.
Lin

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:36 pm

quote:Originally posted by Lin
I'm getting old plus I'm not over Thursday night yet.Hey Lin...I'm old too, LOL. The memory is startiung to fade for me. It seems surreal when you are there, and then BOOM..it's over. That's why I can't wait for the DVD and the CD...and, of course, the Spring Into the USA, 2003 tour....(Dont I wish!!).
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:05 am

quote: It seems surreal when you are there, and then BOOM..it's over.

EXACTLY, Steve!! TOTALLY surreal. When you're actually there seeing him, it feels like a dream. Like this can't possibly be happening. Therefore, it's hard for a lot of it to totally sink in. The reality of it doesn't hit until later on. That's why I'm glad I have my DC boot. It helps bring me back to the show, and helps me to remember more.
Ram1

Postby megs » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:29 pm

yeah concerts sort of suck like that ur there but u just cant beleive its him so that sort of stinks[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:30 pm

This is the first I've heard about such a statue. I don't understand why it's not being unveiled when Paul can be there, either. But then, apparently, he goes nowhere publicly without the missus and perhaps she wouldn't care to attend.

Linda was the first woman rock photographer - without her, those like Annie Leibovitz would not have a career. She didn't just do photographs for Rolling Stone but many other publications plus all the photos for a book called ROCK IS A 4 LETTER WORD, I believe - now out of print. I believe Danny Field talks about it in his book about her.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by shinestar
But then, apparently, he goes nowhere publicly without the missus and perhaps she wouldn't care to attend.
Can't go one post without a little jab can, you, Shiney. Bitter=Sad. Too bad.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:57 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by shinestar
But then, apparently, he goes nowhere publicly without the missus and perhaps she wouldn't care to attend.
Can't go one post without a little jab can, you, Shiney. Bitter=Sad. Too bad.

True. How would anyone know where he goes and with or without whom anyway.
Thank God the man has a private life.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions