Linda's Statue

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:01 pm

Yeah, really. A Linda Statue dedication without Paul being there. That makes a lot of sense. There wouldn't even BE a Linda statue if it weren't for Paul. I mean, no offense to the great Linda. I loved the lady. And she was an AWESOME, successful photographer even before she met Paul. But come on, let's get real. If it weren't for Paul marrying her and putting her in the Wings lineup, there's no way Linda would have had a statue constructed. For these people (WHOMEVER they are, this is the first I've heard about it), to not reschedule the dedication so that Paul would be able to attend, is just unbelievable.
Ram1

Postby megs » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:13 pm

yeah good point, i mean nobody probably would'nt even of heard of her before if it was'nt for paul[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:32 pm

She would be somewhat known if she hadn't married paul. She took some great photographs for rolling stone and probably would have continued to do so if they hadn't gotten married.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:41 pm

yeah but probably only known to people who read rolling stone magazine[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:37 pm

quote:She would be somewhat known if she hadn't married paul. She took some great photographs for rolling stone and probably would have continued to do so if they hadn't gotten married.

Right. Exactly, Scrod. Like I said in my post, Linda was a successful r n' r photographer already when she met Paul. But, of course, her status SKYROCKETED to Pluto once she hooked up with the man himself.
Ram1

Postby Lin » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:35 pm

I have to agree, it would be a long long flight. I have had people say he does it all the time but he is touring now. Paul usually does a 90 minute sound check before his show not to mention putting all he has into each performance. I wonder for real what the bottom line really is with this one. I can't beleive some people think this is a refextion on the way he feels about Linda. Just Me But I Think that Bronze Statue Can Wait for a Better Time. Bad Bad Timing If I posted earlier he would be out of the country I meant to say Maybe he would go to Scotland .Bummer
Lin

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:09 am

Re:Soundchecks: I also saw him in Cleveland in April, and I heard the entire soundcheck, and it was about 30-35 minutes. The one in Columbus was a longer, due to equipment problems...but not 90 mins, Lin.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:32 am

It's all a big mess.
Personally I don't like statues, but whatever Paul and his family want.
Linda was wonderful and I liked her photos before she was with Paul, I have two she did of John on the wall in my place.
Bless Linda.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:16 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Re:Soundchecks: I also saw him in Cleveland in April, and I heard the entire soundcheck, and it was about 30-35 minutes. The one in Columbus was a longer, due to equipment problems...but not 90 mins, Lin.

I was gonna say - a 90 minute soundcheck, coupled with a 2hr show? That would take a helluva lot of staying power!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:28 am

Liam---the show is actually between 2:30 and 2:45.............
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions