Poss. New Single-She's Leaving Home/Let Em In-Live

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:31 am

I think myself as a lucky guy for bought CU single with live version when released in ´80, ´cos I have a rare(at least in my country) jewel in my hands...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:22 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Yes, Liam. The single for Coming Up in 1980 was the Glascow performance. The video was from Macca II. The single has the live version as the "A" side.
I remember it well Stevew. The odd thing about it is that here in the UK the studio version was the A side and the live version was the B side coupled with Lunch Box/Odd Sox. It did well in the charts though, reaching number 2.
jet

Postby jet » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:26 pm

....and the promo video is excellent!!!
jet

Postby jet » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:34 pm

This may be nuts, but I have what I think would be a very smart move for Macca. Geoff...are you listening, man? LOL....
Since "She's Leaving Home" is not going to be on the new Live CD, why not release this awesome live version as a single, backed by the new great version of Let Em In? It would give us a chance to have it on disc, and I think it would be hugely popular. It was awe-inspiring live. Just a thought..........I can't get it out of my head-nor do I want to....and I'm afraid that I'll forget in a few weeks...
I've not seen Macca live this time around, but from all the posts I've read on this thread so far, why not? I reckon he should give it a try.
jet

Postby mr. kite » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:21 pm

Same here in Manila. It's the live version of Coming Up that reached no. 1 but it's the studio version that we have in the Wingspan cd.
A live She's Leaving Home with Let Em In is a definitely an exciting single.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:29 pm

Ok Macca will release the single but LEI gets the A-side. [:D]
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:42 am

quote:Originally posted by jet
The odd thing about it is that here in the UK the studio version was the A side and the live version was the B side coupled with Lunch Box/Odd Sox. It did well in the charts though, reaching number 2.
I looed at mine and it's the same single. The Live version became the popular one to play over here, and it took off.

And it is a GREAT video, man, no doubt.

Ah. That would explain things. I wondered how the studio version coul have done so well, but if there's a live version bolstering it, then it makes a bit more sense . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:13 pm

Did the live version have a different video? The Glasgow show would be awesome to see.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:30 pm

Maybe the Back in Europe live cd (if that one comes) has some changes on the songlist. But a single with She's leaving home would be great but I'dd take a diffirent B-side then Let em in. who about I saw her standing there????

quote:Does anyone know if live recordings of the new leg are circulating on the internet already?

If some members here do have some new Paul live stuff on MP3 please drop me a line. I'm really interested. I just took I'm down from the concert for NY from Kazaa yesterday and after a year or so after I've seen it on tv and I was amazed that Paul chose this song to play so I didn't payed much attention to Rusty Anderson (Maybe the fact that is twas 4.30 am had something to do with it [;)]): I have to say that you american lucky bastards who have seen Pauls new show already (mabye more than once). You where right. The guy knows how to play his 6-string. I can't say if he's better than Jimmmy though
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:16 pm

Isn't You never give me your money also not included on the cd?
Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions