McCartney Museum

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

McCartney Museum

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:54 pm

Paul should open up the Paul McCartney Museum and show case all of his professional talents. It should encompass a library, a learning center, a workshop, a recording studio, and a giantic museum. He should open it up somewhere either in England or in NYC and it should be set up like GRaceland where it can generate revenue.

If there are Presidential centers and libraries, why not something for music it means more to people?

The seed money would need to come from fans and from Macca's large pockets. Of course, i'll set up a business plan where John Eastman will see it will make back money in five years and most importantly seek to promote and encourage the McCartney BEATLE LEGACY. I think that means more to McCartney than dollars and cents.

I'll be glad to join the MPL Club as curator. My first task is to set up a place where all people can hear the Pepper masters on their original four tracks with just vocals, bass, and minimal backing. A place where Beatle nut jobs like me can hear the 27 minute version of Helter Skelter. But, i recommend sitting up the board with his kids, a few beatle insiders, and a few objective rock n roll historians.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

McCartney Museum

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:54 pm

Paul should open up the Paul McCartney Museum and show case all of his professional talents. It should encompass a library, a learning center, a workshop, a recording studio, and a giantic museum. He should open it up somewhere either in England or in NYC and it should be set up like GRaceland where it can generate revenue.

If there are Presidential centers and libraries, why not something for music it means more to people?

The seed money would need to come from fans and from Macca's large pockets. Of course, i'll set up a business plan where John Eastman will see it will make back money in five years and most importantly seek to promote and encourage the McCartney BEATLE LEGACY. I think that means more to McCartney than dollars and cents.

I'll be glad to join the MPL Club as curator. My first task is to set up a place where all people can hear the Pepper masters on their original four tracks with just vocals, bass, and minimal backing. A place where Beatle nut jobs like me can hear the 27 minute version of Helter Skelter. But, i recommend sitting up the board with his kids, a few beatle insiders, and a few objective rock n roll historians.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:11 pm

that would be a great idea and they could have all the masters of each album and like the original sgt. peppers suits, ect.[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby young boy » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:02 am

are you kidding -- museum for a man who is alive yet and more lively than most of people in their 30ties!

no, no, no! Museum of the Beatles, that is a good point!
young boy

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:41 am

As to where the museum is, it should most definitely be in England - ideally Liverpool would be the natural choice, if you think about it. [8D]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:45 am

There already are several Beatle Museums in the US and one huge one in Liverpool.

I don't think you have a chance in the world to get Paul to open a museum for himself. Beatles and Wingspan are the closest thing you'll see him re-visting his past. He survives and thrives on the now, present which is why he can still come up with new material.

Though he's gotta tons and tons of vintage footage we all hope sometime to see or add to our private collection before we all die.
Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:02 am

Oh, quite agreed. He's not going to do that himself - probably when he dies there will be a load of stuff happen, people wanting to take advantage, etc . . . I can see it now . . . [:0]
Liam OSM

Postby mr. kite » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:57 am

Well, I will welcome anything with a McCartney in it, museum or whatever.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:40 am

I agree with Mike.
I think Paul would find that too pretentious.
I can just hear George and Richard teasing him.
I don't think Graceland is a good analogy either. I know that John had said that he didn't like the circus atmosphere of Graceland.
I think that this is why the Beatles are not having funerals and are being cremated very privately.
As Mike said there are already museums.
I personally find the John Lennon museum in Japan an embarrassment.
I think the Cleveland museum is plenty.
As far as the Pepper demos- there are boots of that anyway.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:14 am

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret
I personally find the John Lennon museum in Japan an embarrassment.

Yoko's doing, I'll wager anything you care to stake on it . . .
Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions