Rumour in Post was EMI was dropping Macca

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Rumour in Post was EMI was dropping Macca

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:28 pm

Believe it or not, The NY post here in my hometown published a rumour that Emi in America was considering dropping Jagger and MCCartney from their label. As we may know, EMI has stuggled here in the US and the rumour was that is was a cost cutting move. They decided not to when they realized it may impact the back catalogue of Beatles and Stones and the original masters may be shifted if Jagger and Macca were annoyed.

hard to believe - it was being considered. In this day and age of major labels - anything is possible. Driving Rain has sold 300K not bad considering it was dropped in the middle of Britney, Michael, Creed, and others.

Seeing Macca dropped from the label would make me want to burn EMI down to the ground and force me to possibly slaughter and maim each and every member of the EMI executive commitee.

Whatever happened to Sir Joe Lockhood and the good people at EMI and doesn't corporate american appreciate guys like MAcca who built the Capitol tower????
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Len » Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:24 pm

I heard the story about Jagger as well (though it didn't say anything about McCartney). Turned out it was just a nasty rumor though. I can't imagine EMI dropping McCartney. The Beatles made EMI big.

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
Len

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:57 pm

I think CS started this rumour. Figures.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:12 am

WAD, Steve.[:(!]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Return to MACCA - all discussions