Reformed Wings

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:18 pm

At this point I agree you Steve. Denny was an efficient guitarist and vocalist but nothing awesome indeed. But after all, he did a GOOD job, while he was with Paul, no one can disagree this.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:27 pm

He did appear on disc 2 of the BOTR anniversary rerelease. I was also hoping he would be interviewed on Wingspan, along with other former Wings member, but no. It would be interesting to hear what they had to say. Have Denny Seiwell and Henry McCulloch ever given their version of what happened in 1973, before they were supposed to go to Lagos?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:21 pm

quote:Originally posted by Brains
He did appear on disc 2 of the BOTR anniversary rerelease. I was also hoping he would be interviewed on Wingspan, along with other former Wings member, but no. It would be interesting to hear what they had to say. Have Denny Seiwell and Henry McCulloch ever given their version of what happened in 1973, before they were supposed to go to Lagos?

I seem to recall Denny Seiwell did an interview in Beatlefan last year(?). Sorry, I can't remember exactly when. He did say that he's talked to Paul on the phone and it was a nice conversation.
I think Wingspan made it very clear that Paul is finished with Wings.
Wings is gone. I know on Paul's board that there are many Wings fans.
These are fans born after the Beatles, so they have a real nostalgia for Wings, of course. It's difficult for them to understand the whole Beatles phenomenon because they weren't there. How sad. How lucky I am to be old.[:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:26 pm

quote: Paul and Denny Laine really should try and patch up their differences. They worked really well together.
i dont think they could patch things up but that would be sweet if Wings did reform and went out on tour and did more albums and such[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:20 pm

It's all wishful thinking. Paul with Wings? I doubt. I agree with the previous observations that Paul is never inclined to reunite with past members of the Wings. He could have done it a long time ago if he really wanted it.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:10 am

quote:Originally posted by mr. kite
It's all wishful thinking. Paul with Wings? I doubt. I agree with the previous observations that Paul is never inclined to reunite with past members of the Wings. He could have done it a long time ago if he really wanted it.

In any case, Paul could get any band together and call it Wings - Wings were HIS band, period, and he could have anybody there. It would just be a little strange without Denny or Linda . . .

And as for Denny being "not John", well, Denny did write/cowrite a few good'uns. "Time To Hide" is my fave, and remember, Denny was always in Paul's shadow. For what he did, I think he did it very well.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Aujouret » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:50 pm

It's very odd- I never hear hardly anything about Denny Laine.
Doesn't he work?
How does he support himself?
I heard he had lived in Spain.
I think he does Beatle convetions as well.
Does anybody know anything else?
He seems to have disappeared, but then I don't follow him closely at all, so I don't know.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:01 pm

Yes, Denny has done Beatles conventions. And he performs periodically, I understand. As far as how he supports himself, I wouldn't worry about the guy too much. If he's managed his money well, I'm sure he gets more than enough money from the Moody Blues and Wings catalogs, respectively.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:17 pm

I visited amazon.com. Seems as though Denny has released various solo albums, mostly during the 90's. Almost every album is like a re-make of Wings songs or something. Kind of sad in a way when you think about it. I mean, it seems as though he doesn't put out much new, original material. Just kind of living off the Wings memory. Judging from what I saw on amazon, it's like albums with endless remakes of Go Now, Mull of Kintyre, etc. The reviews of the albums are also quite mixed. Some get 2 or 3 stars, and others get 4 stars. (Out of 5.) And a good majority of the ones listed don't have any reviews at all, which probably means they did not sell very well.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby mr. kite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:03 pm

Was Denny invited in Macca's wedding?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions