Reformed Wings

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Reformed Wings

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:40 am

They should play together for old times sake. I'd like to see them do something during the tour. Paul should be more receptive to the older members of Wings.

Although, i always thought Denny Seiwell was a terrible live drummer based on the tapes of the 1973 tour. And Henry McCullough - let's just say that punches would probably be thrown unforuntately - and i never thought Henry could even touch Jimmy or Rusty (the new guitar player).

A good choice for keyboard player would be Darryl Dragon and i'd like to see Toni Tenielle join to add Linda's high harmonies (in tune). That way we can re-do "I am your singer" and the high parts from Ram. BEsides, we can get Love Will keep his together and Muskrat Love as part of the tour.

Maybe, the Captain and Tenielle could open the show or something. I'd love to see a woman behind Paul playing a keyboard again. A trained musician and vocalist like Tenielle would be good (Although Stella from what i hear has a lot of musical talent). Just a thought
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:42 am

Denny Laine and Joe English would definitely be open to a Wings re-form and they would be outstanding with Paul. You add Darryl Dragon on keys and Toni Tenielle on back-up vocals. For guitar players, i'd put Frampton in for McCullough - and you get a 70's reunion tour and a kick butt live band. Do you feel like we do[;)]
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:49 am

Frampton? Does he rock? I saw him live with Ringo's All Star Band a couple of years ago, and it wasn't exactly great, from what I saw. I thought he was too proud of the fact that he could play really fast licks, and do really weird sound effects.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:10 am

I don't think you are going to get your wish.
It seems that once Paul is finished with a band member- that's that.
With the exception of being friendly with a few old band members, like Denny Seiwell, Hamish or Robbie.
He could have called any old Wing if he wanted to, but he clearly doesn't want to.
I expect one day we will see Rusty, Brian and Abe go too.
That's the way Paul is.
Forget Denny Laine. I think there's too much bad blood there.
I wonder why? Do they get in fights with Paul? I expect so.
Danny Fields says Paul is very autocratic.
I believe that.
P.S. That Captain and Tenille stuff grossed me out!! LOL[:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:56 am

Bad blood? With Denny? You sure? Because after Wings folded, Paul did Mac2 on his own, and then Denny played on almost every track on TOW, so what happened?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:06 pm

what's Denny Laine doing these days?
Thomas

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:33 pm

There were some threads about Denny Laine few months ago, and people were saying that Paul and Denny don't talk each other anymore since Wings broke up. Seems that they had a strife about anything that I don't know and after TOW album, Denny didn't talk to Paul nevermore.
That's what I know about.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:24 pm

Paul and Denny Laine really should try and patch up their differences. They worked really well together.
jet

Postby Aujouret » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:37 pm

Why bother "patching things up with Denny"?
I don't think Paul trusts him cause Denny blabbed bad stuff about him and Lin to the press and Paul probably feels that's unforgivable.
Paul's gone a long way down the road since then. What 21 years ago?!
Denny wasn't John, after all.
Who cares?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:45 pm

Good point, Auj...It's not like Laine was ever even close to Paul's equal, or that they had this awesome songwriting partnership. He was a sideman, period. They did work well together, but it's not like Denny was solely responsible for Paul's success during the Wing's period. He just stayed the longest.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions