Toxic

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Toxic

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:28 am

Paul should be careful. His hair dye sometimes runs into his eyes on tour. I don't think that's such a good thing. He should be careful. That dye running into his eyes could have a toxic impact. Many people need to talk to him about that. One approach is to stop dying his hair that brownish reddish colour because he's starting to look a little like an old English woman (you know the way Elton John and Cliff Richard do)...Leaving his hair gray would make him look dignified and proper and wouldn't cause the people from Access Hollywood (I know the production staff) to have to change the lighthing all the time so his hair doesn't look silly. One of their production staff told me that Paul's hair colour closely resembles Rita Hayward, the 40's Sex siren and that his dye job reminds him of some of the work that he's seen on Old Guest Stars of the Love Boat.

The other thing is that Abe Labourel Junior has promised Paul that he will stop eating cheese burgers, Big Macs, and KFC during this tour. Paul has repeatedly told Abe to watch his diet. Paul's last comment heard during the wedding was the following..."Abe, either lose weight or join the Washington RedSkins offensive line because Spurrier could use the help with Wueffel and the other QB's"...
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:46 am

Oh gee how whitty. Personally, he can he green hair as far as I'm concerned I don't go to his concerts to see the color of his hair or clothing. Always has been the music man, the music.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:44 am

I agree it's about the music. But, when the man looks silly performing with orange hair or is mocked like he was on every major news outlet for his cheap appearance on the OScars - it does ruin the credibility.....Like i said, he should get be natural with his appearance and things would be cool. Hearing him take pot-shots from Stern, Imus, Rivers and every other jokster in the business is disheartening. He may be just a musical player to me but he's my idol and he's above that kind of trash talk.[8)]
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:52 am

Personally, I liked the Oscar performance. And as for Stern, he's gonna take pot shots at people anyway. But Howard is also a guy who, after seeing Paul play MSG this spring, went on a LONG praise session about how awesome the show was and said that he was totally blown away. And also Howard has had Paul on the show a few times and they're cool. So that doesn't really bother me.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:38 pm

quote:Originally posted by Mike
Always has been the music man, the music.
Absolutely. No question.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:28 pm

same here, the music

my mom saw him perform at the oscars and she said he was turning into Elton John with the red hair dye[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:26 pm

Umm...Elton's hair is carpet. Pauls, albeit colored, is real. It's funny. No one says anything about almost every freaking older hollywood actor having coloring done---but let one musician do it, and it's a big deal.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:49 pm

quote:. No one says anything about almost every freaking older hollywood actor having coloring done---but let one musician do it, and it's a big deal.

Right, good point, Steve.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:50 pm

Point is that it is about the music. But, when the appearance becomes the bigger story than the music and the event - then....Houston, we have a problem. But, my point regarding the hair dye is while all other hollywood stars do it - nobody has done it as bad as Macca. And i mean that. The colouring of it is just hideous and it gives him a look that makes him look horrible and un presentable. He reminds me of old Danny Kaye's hair colouring when he used to be on the Love-boat. My point is he should try a job-dye that doesn't make him look like he applied hair tonic incorrectly to his scalp (Like Greg Brady in that Brady Bunch episode) nor should he try Jet-black cause he shouldn't look like Bobby Blake.

I always admired McCartney's fashion taste years ago. But, the ill-fitted suit from JC Penny's during the Liverpool Oratario concert (with the awful collar) and the absolutely horrible cheap suit he wore at Buckingham Palace when he got knighted - makes u wonder why he doesn't hire somebody to help him. Millions of people (his fashion designer daugther) see his pictures. ?? Makes me wonder why he can't go down to Saville Rowe and purchase a decent suit and a tie that is fashionable. I will say he looked OK at the OScars but our boy has been slippin' fashion ways as of late. And i won't get into the Trampy outfits that his Wife wears. She looks like a tart from Picadilly circus.

On point - the guy needs to be on the mark with his appearances so that he doesn't become laughing stock fodder for Stern, Imus, and the production crew from Hollywood access...The man is too dignfied too suffer that ridicle. Would you let your father , for example, take that abuse if he just sat down with him and said "here's what you need to do, man"...
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:40 pm

There is more to Paul's life then to worry what Stern or Imus has to say. Belive it or not there is more to this world then the USA. Paul learned many years ago how to live his personal life separate from his stage life.

Problems come when the media and fans try to mix the two. You just can't, two different people. I feel I know Paul McCartney (on-stage) very, very well, but haven't a clue to the private Paul McCartney.

I don't pay any attention to any of the crap in the tabloids as they are just guessing and printing crap to sell newspapers.
Mike

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions