Do your part to SPREAD THE WORD: The Voice of The Beatles

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:42 am

some of those songs have a lot of request simply because of requester abusing the request system and requesting the same some 20 or 30 times a day it would play a few times but record all their requests. I spent some hours looking and deleting requests such as these. Short of deleting everything prior to March 1st 2006, I think I'll just leave it as is for now and delete multiple requests when I have spare time.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby jgkojak » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:56 am

some of those songs have a lot of request simply because of requester abusing the request system and requesting the same some 20 or 30 times a day it would play a few times but record all their requests. I spent some hours looking and deleting requests such as these. Short of deleting everything prior to March 1st 2006, I think I'll just leave it as is for now and delete multiple requests when I have spare time.

Wow! I had no idea it was that bad--

Connecting the dots... do you think it was the pro-John folks at some other sites (obviously serious computer knowledge is a must) doing that???
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:25 am

Well I do think one or two were quite malicious and the intention to put anyone other than Paul #1, and then pick a very weak Paul song to try to make that #1

But mostly, it was just honest fans not knowing they were doing something wrong and when the notices I put up about the abuse, they didn't realize they were doing something wrong and stopped. All forgiven of course :)
Mike

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:25 pm

Let us brainstorm Macca- Maniacs!
We need to come up with inventive ways to spead the word about Macca-Central & Voice of the Beatles!

I'm gonna e-mail every person I can think of with the link.....What else can we do?

anyone?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:35 pm

There's one thing that maybe Mike himself could do:

here in Germany, if you work with AOL, they offer you a wide variety of radio stations about various genres, among others 60s, 70s, 80s, country, Elvis, but no Beatles. Maybe Maccaradio could somehow cooperate with AOL and place a link there?? I'm sure there must be people interested in a station on "the Beatles, solo and friends".
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:25 pm

A World Class way to spread the word of Macca radio is a tie in with the new Beatles Show coming to Las Vegas.

See Mike's post in GENERAL BEATLES section under new Beatle Show/Album coming to Las Vegas.
Then check my 3 responses with marketing tie-in ideas listed below.

Thanks, if you like them -let Mike know, if you don't - please offer a suggestion to improve or propose a new idea. This is a synergetic time for Macca Radio and the sensational BeaTles !
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby HeyJude » Fri May 19, 2006 7:16 pm

Even though almost no one goes there, I put that link thing to MaccaRadio up on my site months ago. But at least one of my friends, upon seeing it, put the same thing up on her site, so hopefully we're helping to spread the awesomeness :)
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mi » Sat May 20, 2006 3:58 pm

Welcome back, HJ. Haven't heard you from quite a while :)
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 3ddc » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:16 pm

I love the radio show it is great! I will spread the word as much as I can. I could print some flyers and put them all around Chicago. Keep up the great work!!!
3ddc

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:09 am

3ddc wrote:I love the radio show it is great! I will spread the word as much as I can. I could print some flyers and put them all around Chicago. Keep up the great work!!!

That would be great. Maybe this info will help. The Voice of The Beatles, MACCA Radio playing The Bealtes, Beatles Solo Years & Beatle Friends.
http://www.maccaradio.com
http://www.voiceofthebeatles.com
Mike

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions