The Legacy Of Wings

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Shai » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:01 am

quote:
who influenced you?

When I Saw Five Years Ago
Videp Clip Of Paul "Coming Up"
I Think That The Song Is Funny And Silly Song
But Don't Forget That Paul Play All The Instruments

Peace
Shai

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:51 am

The Wings'legacy is very much important to rock history 'cos Paul and the formers did make memorable and unforgettable songs and influenced the following generations of fans as much as musicians and songwriters. Of course the main head of Wings called PAUL McCARTNEY and only for that Wings was that great group.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:21 pm

Good point dsnito, although having said that, the other members of wings were far from just sidekicks with limited talent - i.e Jimmy McCullogh was a first rate guitarist(one of the finest to come out of the UK as far as I am concerned) and Denny Laine is a notable and talented songwriter in his own right who I have a lot of respect for. In particular, he wrote and recorded a song called Say You Don't Mind back in 1967 which was subsequently covered by a singer called Colin Bluntstone and released as a single over here in the UK in 1972, reaching the top 20. Without a doubt, it is one of my all time favourites.
jet

Postby Shai » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:33 pm

quote:
Wings Was A Band On The 70's (As You Know)
But I Think That Was Wings Special Is The People Who Was In The Band
Like The First Drummer Denny Seiwell He Was Before A Jazz Drummer
And Suddenly Paul Decided To Choose Him To The Record Ram, Wild Life And Red Rose Speedway
And Denny Did it So Good
He Made It Sounds Like A Real Drummer Of Pop And Rock
It Was Like An Amatuer Band Execpt Paul And Denny Laine
Linda,Henry,Joe,Steve,Larunce And Jimmy Don't Was In A Famous Band
But Of Course I Don't Say That They Are'nt Good
All The Solos That All The Guitar Bounces Of Wings Do
Its Sounds Like An Super-Beatles
And People Here Say That Paul Have The Chance TO Let The Young Generation Hear He's Music But He Missed It
I'm Just 13 Years old
And Paul Mccartney My Music Hero
I Think That Wings Is Just Like The Beatles They Never Get Forget
Because Paul I've Started To Play Bass,Drums And Piano
So I Think That Paul Made What He Want To Made
And Wings Is A Legacy

Long Live Paul

Peace!

Peace
Shai

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:42 pm

quote:
Good point dsnito, although having said that, the other members of wings were far from just sidekicks with limited talent - i.e Jimmy McCullogh was a first rate guitarist(one of the finest to come out of the UK as far as I am concerned) and Denny Laine is a notable and talented songwriter in his own right who I have a lot of respect for. In particular, he wrote and recorded a song called Say You Don't Mind back in 1967 which was subsequently covered by a singer called Colin Bluntstone and released as a single over here in the UK in 1972, reaching the top 20. Without a doubt, it is one of my all time favourites.

Thanx Jet!! Agreed, and I think that Denny Laine was(keep being?)a very good guitarist, not awesome but very prolific on guitars, and really did a good job in Wings-era.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:10 am

Indeed - it is for Paul and only for Paul that Wings will be remembered in the history books, but they were a very good little band!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Len » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:22 am

In my humble opinion, Paul didn't start to look like a true rockstar until Wings. The long hair, the big-ass sideburns, the clothes, the lighting for their shows, all those hippie band members... love it! Some of my fave Macca photos are from the '75/'76 period. He looked so damn cool then.
Len

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:38 pm

quote:Originally posted by Len
In my humble opinion, Paul didn't start to look like a true rockstar until Wings. The long hair, the big-ass sideburns, the clothes, the lighting for their shows, all those hippie band members... love it! Some of my fave Macca photos are from the '75/'76 period. He looked so damn cool then.
Agreed Len. That era is probably my favourite era of Pauls too. And live, Wings were a much better band than The Beatles and that's coming from a Beatles fan of over 20 years!
jet

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:25 pm

wings was great. But better than the beatles? Hmmmm..I don't think so, but We all have our own opinions though.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:32 pm

The wings kick a****** [;)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions