The Legacy Of Wings

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby mr. kite » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:04 am

Wings is a great band because Paul is great. Paul could have considered calling his session musicians now as Wings II or III or IV and people would still like it because it's Paul's band. Unfortunately, he doesnt' want to continue the legacy of Wings anymore. For whatever reasons it's only Paul who knows it.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:56 am

Especially with the cool Rickenbacker bass Paul looked great in 75/76. He should have rocked together with John during his Lost Weekend. If the Beatles would still have been together, 74-76 would have rocked more than anything in history.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:15 pm

quote:Originally posted by Brains
Especially with the cool Rickenbacker bass Paul looked great in 75/76. He should have rocked together with John during his Lost Weekend. If the Beatles would still have been together, 74-76 would have rocked more than anything in history.

Paul met John during the "Lost Weekend" in 74, Brains... only to both getting drunk and talk about their lives. But had no jam-session or something... just to remind their good old times.
But hey, don't forget the "Ringo" album of that period!! On "I'm The Greatest" track joined three of the Fabs... Ringo on vocal and drums, John wrote the song, played piano and did the backing vocal and George Harrison played guitar. And Paul wrote, sang backing vocals and played wonderful synth lines on "Six O'Clock"! Among other participations of the Lads on other tracks, we can consider that album as a Beatles reunion!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:18 pm

Well, it's also true that the reunion on that album wasn't the same as The Beatles themselves AS a group, of course, but was a little revival after almost 4 years of the breakup.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:12 pm

I've downloaded an mp3 a few months ago. It was Lucille, apparently by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, recorded 1974. Does anyone else have this? And is it really John and Paul? I can't hear Paul, I think it's just John and some funny guy thought he had to start a rumour that J&P recorded together in 1974.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:16 pm

Yeah I've got that. Apparently it is true, they did record together. Paul mentioned this in the Bishopsgate interview aired on VH-1 during the Flaming Pie promotion. He said he would like to hear the tapes if anyone has them.

There is a bootleg of this called "A Toot and A Snort"

I'll have to dig that tape out and play it sometime in MACCA-Radio.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions