Queen Party CD without best Macca performances

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:07 am

That was Frida, the brunette. That song has grown on me, but it took a little time to do so. I have her album "Something's Going On", and my fave track off that is "To Turn The Stone". Lovely. Agnetha's stuff is better though. "To Love" is just stunning, and "Maybe It Was Magic" is heart-wrenching. She's an amazing singer, it's a pity her solo stuff wasn't as successful here.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:12 am

well, trust me, Liam--she was blondeish-redish in the video for that song (it ran on MTV in the early days) The other woman wasn't popular here either.

Sooner or later we all will be there....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:15 am

quote:
well, trust me, Liam--she was blondeish-redish in the video for that song (it ran on MTV in the early days) The other woman wasn't popular here either.

Pity. Fair enough, Frida's stuff isn't quite as good, but Agnetha's material is quite amazing. Typically the stuff that wasn't released as singles more so, but some of her singles were pretty good.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:55 am

Well, Liam--maybe you WOULDN'T like Led Zep afterall....LOL

But--different musical tastes make the world go round....thank goodness for diversity.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:58 am

Well, I might - I honestly don't know. Just because I like ABBA doesn't mean I won't for sure like Led Zeppelin. I may, I may not. We'll see. My tastes range from pop stuff like ABBA to hard rock like Foreigner and Bryan Adams, to the classics like The Beatles - I am very cosmopolitan in my musical tastes

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:12 am

quote:
Well, remember something - they are trying to put as much of as many different people as possible onto that CD. Which means they CAN'T put the ENTIRE setlist on. Be reasonable! I wish Bo Rhap was on - for me it was the highlight of the evening! But it's not. And hey, I'm not going to be getting the CD anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. Nothing really matters . . . any way the wind blows . . .

It's still a crime that the Pepper/The End portion was left on the cutting room floor. Daft, that.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:16 am

Well, I'll just say that they couldn't put the whole set on, so they chose the more famous songs by default probably. Think about it - this CD might just attract some new fans to The Beatles/Paul. How are they going to do it? Not by putting out obscure songs that they haven't heard of, but with the established hits that the kids will listen to and think, "hey, that's good - let's go out and get some more!"

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:20 am

Pepper reprise and The End obscure? yes--they were not singles, but they are a few of Paul's faves, or else he wouldn't choose to end the DR tour with them. Hardly obscure....Still a crime.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:22 am

Well, maybe not obscure, but you know what I mean - the best chance Paul has is to play songs from Red & Blue. And yes, I know Pepper is on blue, but you know - singles are often the order of the day. If you've only got a limited set, you're going to do songs that the audience are guaranteed to respond to, aren't you?

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:25 am

But he did play Pepper/The End there. And it rocked with the famous 3-way guitar jam at the end.

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions