Queen Party CD without best Macca performances

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:01 pm

Liam mentioned styx. I seen styx about three years ago with tommy shaw, james young and a some other guys. They were actually petty good. I just wanted to see tommy shaw anyways. I heard that styx was coming back a couple of months ago and it turns out it was just dennis deyoung marketing himslef as styx. Pretty sad when two sets of people market themselves as the same group. Styx went down hill when they did that whole theatrical tour with mr. roboto back in the eighties.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby young boy » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:59 am

quote:
Fair enough - I personally find it interesting to see them collaborating on something. Well, apart from W**l Y***g, of course - he and the rest of the P*p I**l mod should be banned.

By the way, have you seen or heard any of Brian and Roger's solo albums? There's some great stuff on it - especially Roger's "Happiness" album. Foreign Sand is out of this world!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

you're right, Liam, Roger's Happiness is one of the best album from 90ties i have heard -- strong and powerful rock, ballads, sadness, searching for escape -- all these things are in that album. And yes -- Foreign Sand is from somewhere out of here.

We're breathing a lot, a lot of political nonsense in the air.
young boy

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:56 am

On the "Happiness" front, I'm glad someone else loves that album - it's hard to find nowadays, but it's worth hunting for!

Regarding Styx, it would be awkward the idea of two different people trying to be the same thing. Oh well . . . but certainly Dennis DeYoung is a phenomenal songwriter - "Come Sail Away", "Don't Let It End", "I'm OK", "Show Me The Way", I could go on forever . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:32 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Regarding Styx, I could go on forever . . .

Please don't.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions