As promised . . .

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:43 pm

Or..how about "You like me too Much".....that would be great as well..or Dont Bother Me--that would rock...or...Taxman, since he did the solo on the original track....man..I'm getting dizzy now LOL

Something's open..It's my Heart....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:45 pm

LOL. Yeah, any of those would be awesome. But I still have to say, Paul playing Something on ukelele is still one of my highlights from the show. Just great.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:46 pm

Yep..exactly--very heartfelt, and it shows.

Straight to the center of everything right....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:55 am

Nice list! Good idea too of including Here Comes the Sun. A good alternative also is to let him sing All Those Years Ago, written by George with a little help from Paul for John.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:36 am

Well, I think for my idea of the piano-only version of Let It Be, I am looking through different eyes. I have some instrumental variation CDs of The Beatles, and one of these is orchestral. The version of Let It Be on that is to die for - the bit where the guitar solo normally goes is stronger than the original - I kid you not! It has even more presence. Paul could play that on his piano - that's what I do when I play Let It Be on my keyboard. I do the "orchestral thing". I could copy this orchestral CD onto cassette and mail it to anyone who's interested. Drop me a line!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:57 am

As the subsequent posts got deleted, I'll just outline my reasoning for the setlist again.

1. It represents all the decades Paul has put out quality music roughly equally.
2. It contains plenty of material from Driving Rain, the new album which the tour is to promote.
3. It is NOT just a collection of favourites. Many of my faves are missing from the list, and some songs are there that I don't hugely care for.
4. The order has been thoroughly tested, and I believe my setlist kicks cosmic ass!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:44 am

Great setlist, Liam. However, I think numbers 24-30 may need a little adjustment. Great songs, but the set seems to hit a lull there. It's like the whole set is rocking and then when it gets to My Love, it's too mellow to the end of the second set.

Listen to the song they sing, awakening....
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:03 am

Maybe, but as ballads go, they are powerful and have plenty of atmosphere/presence.

OK, though, perhaps Beautiful Night could be slipped in somewhere earlier, likewise with Wanderlust. I could move them to earlier in the second half, perhaps. But 27-30 I ain't touching!

Liam OSM

Postby mr. kite » Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:58 am

I posted this before but it vanished, anyway, just to let you know, I burned most of the songs already and I particularly liked the acoustic set. Sadly, some songs I dont have them in live version that's why I settled for the album version. Still, they sound good.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:22 am

No probs. The only thing where the live version is a necessity is Figure Of Eight. The album version is a little lightweight in comparison.

I have played about with the second half, and have altered the order slightly. I'll post that up next time I have it on me

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions