PAUL`S MUSIC

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

PAUL`S MUSIC

Postby ERIC » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:03 pm

I THINK THAT A ZILLION YEARS DOWN THE ROAD PEOPLE WILL STILL BE
GROOVING TO ELEANOR RIGBY OR `EAT AT HOME`FROM RAM.
THANK YOU MR.McCARTNEY FOR FILLING OUR SOULS`WITH SUCH GRREEAT
MUSIC.THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU
A SOLID FAN
ERIC

Postby karly » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:13 pm

jeez man, show some gratitude why dontcha! lol

I believe in me
karly

Postby mr. kite » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:51 am

you're welcome!
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jpm » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:51 am

I became a Macca Fan because of all his songs over the years,i dont think there are two songs alike,and i dont want to be pointed out wrong.Though there is two songs alike, silly love songs and young boy.And because he keeps bringing them out and we all wait in anticipation for something new,and because when i got into music i was very much appreciative of solo artists who can be solo artists. Which means they write and can play their own songs,all the instruments,so he doesnt need anyone else.
jpm

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:21 pm

Silly Love Songs and Young Boy, alike? Hmm, I personally can't grasp any similarities. Except they both talk about love.
Ram1

Postby jpm » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:00 am

Ram1,
The similarity between them is probably chords used,if you sing the opening words to S L Songs,to the music of Y Boy and vice versa you might understand or see my point a bit clearer.
jpm

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:04 am

You know what, JPM? Now I can hear it! Thanks! I just sang the opening notes of each song in my head, and I know exactly what you're talking about now. Good ear man!! Thanks again.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:09 am

PS--Eric seems to be another one of those "lost members." He hasn't posted since that first day. I guess Shirley got a hold of him already!!
Ram1

Postby jpm » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:34 am

Ram1,
Glad you got it,i didn't want to sound like i know for sure,so im glad that someone else agreed there is a similarity.
But at the end of the day with all the songs he has written,it proves there is consistency in his skill as a musician,he isnt like some music you here from artists that try to emulate their big number one or keeping the same sound and style. He has managed to become versatile and occasionly tried to be modern(ou est le soliel,fireman rushes,etc) not to the extent of doing a cliff ( pete waterman,christian style,christmas),and the main point was because this is what i feel good about saying i like paul and his music.
It is only a shame i get the impression he feels he deserves to be a legend like lennon but he will always never be that way until he passes away,but he wants the glory now,if you understand me.
mike
jpm

Postby maccafan » Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:49 am

I don't blame Paul one bit if he wants his recognition now!! Screw waiting until death, give me my flowers now so I can enjoy the fragrance and beauty, I can't do that when I'm dead!!
Paul is a living legend, I wish he would perform live on some of these current shows that MTV and VH1 host, he would rock the house and show this generation of kids what real rock and roll is!! Paul also needs to perform at the House Of Blues, doing high profile gigs like these would help to put him in the current music mix!!
The touring is awesome, but he could reach more of the current record buying audience with these type gigs!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions