Paul´s almost similar voices

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:42 am

Brian May from Queen sounds quite like our Paul at times, it must be said. Maybe Lou Gramm from Foreigner, too - as he can sound quite like Brian, it's not much of a stretch - I shall investigate . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby denby » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:01 am

In 1988 there was a hit over here in the UK by what was billed as a German band called FREIHEIT (pronounced fry-hite)the song was called Keeping The Dream Alive. It was superb, and let me tell you folks, if it was included on Paul's Greatest hits, you would not think for a minute that it WASN'T Paul. It is so like him it is untrue. In fact, I did wonder if Freiheit was German for 'Fireman', and Paul was playing a little joke on us. If you get the chance to listen to it, do so - it is a great song - obviously sung by Paul's long-lost German half-brother !!!
denby

Postby jet » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:19 pm

quote:
In 1988 there was a hit over here in the UK by what was billed as a German band called FREIHEIT (pronounced fry-hite)the song was called Keeping The Dream Alive. It was superb, and let me tell you folks, if it was included on Paul's Greatest hits, you would not think for a minute that it WASN'T Paul. It is so like him it is untrue. In fact, I did wonder if Freiheit was German for 'Fireman', and Paul was playing a little joke on us. If you get the chance to listen to it, do so - it is a great song - obviously sung by Paul's long-lost German half-brother !!!

Quite right Denby. I know (and love!) the record you are referring to, and it does sound just like Macca. I also think there's a little ELO influence in there (not a bad thing - ELO were a great band too). Maybe they got together with Paul to record this and then release it under a pseudonym!
jet

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions