Adopt-A-Mindfield

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Adopt-A-Mindfield

Postby Kovy » Sat May 11, 2002 11:06 am

Taking nothing away from other causes that Paul has participated in such as Vegitarianism, Animal Rights and Genitically Mofified Foods, I personally think taking a stand on mindfields has got to be one of the best. These mines injury innocent humans beings by the thousands every year.

Hurray for Heather to turning Paul on to this worthy cause !
Kovy

Adopt-A-Mindfield

Postby Kovy » Sat May 11, 2002 11:06 am

Taking nothing away from other causes that Paul has participated in such as Vegitarianism, Animal Rights and Genitically Mofified Foods, I personally think taking a stand on mindfields has got to be one of the best. These mines injury innocent humans beings by the thousands every year.

Kovy

Postby Ram1 » Sat May 11, 2002 11:18 am

I agree. Although, I don't particularly care for Heather all that much, that's beside the point. I believe the cause is genuine. It's a great cause.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Sat May 11, 2002 12:19 pm

Gee, Ram1, and you talk about me getting personal! What in the world do you have against Heather???
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat May 11, 2002 12:33 pm

I said I wasn't going to reply to you anymore, but I feel I should defend myself.

First of all, I KNEW you were going to say something. Second of all, I'm not going to get into all my feelings about Heather because we had almost an entire topic about her already, and I don't feel like repeating everything everybody has already said. (The discussion was in the Tonight Show topic, which was erased by those hacker idiots.) Third of all, Shinestar, I just simply made a small comment about how I don't particularly care for her. YOU, on the other hand, rant about Heather and Paul is if it were a college essay and like their relationship really has this huge relevance in your life. And you also don't let things drop. So, is it gonna be like this every time one of us says they don't like someone? Are you always gonna chime in saying, "And you talk about ME getting personal!" ? Save it, Shinestar.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sat May 11, 2002 12:36 pm

By the way, are you implying that you DON'T have anything against Heather? PLEASE!! You're the one who started this whole "Heather debate" in the first place. You're the one who went on for days and days about Paul and Heather's relationship, and how she's no good for him...like you really know either one of them. Selective memory there, Shinestar?
Ram1

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Sat May 11, 2002 12:48 pm

Oh not this again. Give it a rest, Shinestar. So nobody can say they don't particularly care for somebody anymore? After those hackers halfway destroyed the forum, we've been trying to get back into the swing of things with a positive vibe. I don't think anybody wants to deal with your negativity again. Lighten up.

By the way, as Ram1 said, he just made a comment, (the same feeling that most of us have stated), that he doesn't particularly care for Heather. So what? It's not like he went on a long, in depth rant about it, like you've done so many times about Paul and Heather's relationship.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Chris Speers » Sat May 11, 2002 1:01 pm

I agree Landmines is a worthy cause. But, let's not lose sight of a couple of important facts. We need to have people like Paul and John who are dreamers who think everyone has good intentions and we need to give "peace a chance". And i agree that it's important to have an element of society that believes that.

We also need things like a strong defense, an well-stocked miliatary and an adequate defense budget. There are evil people in this world and we need to destroy them like a cancer.

Being in NYC on 9/11 and witnessing the horror - Made me understand why Patriotism and miliatary and a strong defense are just as important as giving "Peace a chance".

Not to sound like an arrogant American (we don't have all the answers) - i Don't think anybody outside of America (all respect to our Canadian and European friends) can really understand the anger and passion that built here in NY and Washington.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby airdog » Sat May 11, 2002 1:05 pm

quote:

Mike, I don't know much, but I think it's MINEfields that cause much of the trouble. Ringo did a song on Vertical Man called "Mindfields", but it's a play on words.

Edited by - airdog on 05/11/2002 13:09:48
airdog

Postby airdog » Sat May 11, 2002 1:11 pm

quote:
I agree Landmines is a worthy cause. But, let's not lose sight of a couple of important facts. We need to have people like Paul and John who are dreamers who think everyone has good intentions and we need to give "peace a chance". And i agree that it's important to have an element of society that believes that.

We also need things like a strong defense, an well-stocked miliatary and an adequate defense budget. There are evil people in this world and we need to destroy them like a cancer.

Being in NYC on 9/11 and witnessing the horror - Made me understand why Patriotism and miliatary and a strong defense are just as important as giving "Peace a chance".

Not to sound like an arrogant American (we don't have all the answers) - i Don't think anybody outside of America (all respect to our Canadian and European friends) can really understand the anger and passion that built here in NY and Washington.

PEACE! (through superior firepower)...
airdog

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions