Retirement

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jet » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:55 pm

If any artists should retire from the music business, then it surely has to be some of the twentysomethings ( and teens) that make what they loosely call music nowadays. Starting with several boybands....
jet

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:35 am

Damn right! In fact, they shouldn't retire, they should all be systematically lined up in front of a firing squad and ELIMINATED!!!!!!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby young boy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:07 am

the retirement is good for some artists, u know. Brian Wilson looked like just from the grave in Queen's Jubilee. It doesn't rock anymore. Standing with foolish smile to the keyboard, not playing that, and having fun from Good vibrations. A bit like grandmother knitting and singing My Bonnie.

We're breathing a lot, a lot of political nonsense in the air.
young boy

Postby dsnito » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:49 pm

Obviously also Paul someday will retire, everyone has his own time and nobody is eternal, but he´s still productive and his time to retire didn´t come yet!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:04 am

Precisely. As long as he can still make good music, he should stay in the business!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby numberwriter » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:44 am

musicians dont retire... they fade away... so when you think we dont remember him anymore... come back and remind us you told us so... jerk! lol... this message goes out to the guy who was er... stirring.
numberwriter

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:45 am

He probably isn't going to read it, numberwriter - save your "breath". He only made these three posts on this forum, all on this topic, and has since vanished.

Liam OSM

Postby numberwriter » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:30 pm

i have nothing against some good argument, its cool with me... i will give as good as i get (especially as im on 'gods' side, lol ) but yeah, back it up if you wanna argue, otherwise, yr not making it.. and if yr not making it here online, are you making it anywhere? go love...........
numberwriter

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:33 pm

Agreed. He had a little rant and then fled. Go figure.

Liam OSM

Postby numberwriter » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:35 pm

brian wilson was a bit.. distant... shall we say huh... i felt a bit for him.. but did you catch his quick lyric in there, no hanging around, straight in... i seem to recall that and was surprised he made it, to be honest. if you got the tape(i havent) watch... he does it well. i dunno what to say about that, apart from, he did it, i was cringing cos i thought he may just fall on his face... but he didnt. thats the main thing. he did his job, and he didnt fail... he just looked a little bit lost.
numberwriter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions