Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 pm

You know, maybe we should all be glad that he's still so active; that he's still creating at such a high level. As much as I think he should severely curtail the touring, I can't help but think since he's given us so much and is still so creative, who am I to say what he should or shouldn't do? If he continues to enjoy the live shows, why should he care what I think about it? After all, he's in the final stage of his career/life and he wants to enjoy himself for as long as he can.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:26 am

efghijiloveyou wrote:You know, maybe we should all be glad that he's still so active; that he's still creating at such a high level. As much as I think he should severely curtail the touring, I can't help but think since he's given us so much and is still so creative, who am I to say what he should or shouldn't do? If he continues to enjoy the live shows, why should he care what I think about it? After all, he's in the final stage of his career/life and he wants to enjoy himself for as long as he can.

Without doubt it s all up to the man himself. No doubt about that.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Yes Paul, please slow down. I have said this before. Why can't he take a rocking good song and slow it down to suit his ever increasing frail voice? Like, was it Mr. H, who said he took Lady Madonna and made it blusey sounding? Slow things down. Stop yelling and screaming. Do smaller venues. I still don't have the money to see him but I would feel better knowing he was taking care of his voice.

It also doesn't help that after a grand tour he goes out and does appearances here and there. Slow down. Take it easy. Visit with Beatrice. Write with James. Spend more quality time with Nancy.

Too bad he doesn't read any of these comments. I would not mind more studio albums even.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Jeremy K2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:38 pm

I once heard Paul say on an Australian Television program that he would like to keep toruing even until they have to take him
out on stage via a wheelchair, or as long as the audience keeps some applause going. This comment has always worried me.
Paul please, please don't let whatever the reason may be continue to do the big tours to a time when it may become an embarrassment.
Paul's legacy is a great one that I personally don't want to see degraded by not knowing when to quit the rock star touring. Always quit
when ahead and leave people wanting more. Be remember as you deserve to be remebered rather than as a once brilliant artist ^:)^ who couldn't refuse to let go.
Jeremy K2

Postby mr h atom » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:13 am

:ymapplause:

...the nattering crowd must've not noticed that the topline asks "...time...to slow down ?"...NOT stop !!

not truer words, JK... :salute

as much as i may like the latter johnny cash albums ????....i don't really love them....

and i really do not want to see paul so completely ruin his voice that that is all he'd have left...

...ragged, croaky...though emotive...etchings of songs....

hmmmmm.....no
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:14 am

sort of like what's happened to ol' Zimmy, right Mr. H?

His recent (which means the last 15 years or so) stuff is pretty much scratches and croaks, unintelligible without sub-titles or a translator.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:53 am

I really luuuve Bob Dylan. But have to agree that his voice is permanenty shot. Like it anyway. Maccas vocal condition is nowhere near Dylans-not so angelic singing. Problem is that- at least for me-Maccas current voice doesn t always suit the truckloads of Beatles songs he fills his gigs with. On New it works fine and Maccas vocaldelivery on Kisses are masterful .
But still I would recomend anyone to listen to Dylans Christmas album released a few years back. It s an odd but truly wonderful experience
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

i agree..but, the songs off new are, pretty obviously (...'cause that would be the sane thing to do), tailored to fit his 'now' voice, aren't they ??

yes...and a simple rejiggering of his set list could produce a bountiful amount of beatles, solo, wings and solo stuff that could/should be a lot less strain on the voice...and still deliver a great concert experience for just about any real music fan

i could really care less if there's one more idiot in the world who feels they just have to see him BELT out any more songs...

it's not like he he can do it all that well now, anyway...

and to continue to do so will, in all likelyhood, jeapordize his ability to do even lesser things soon

there is a easy to spot, continual degragation of what he can do...even on Kisses and the best of New...his voice is aged and ragged...but, at least, there it is used to give a wonderful effect...

but why, considering where he was just a few years ago...and where he is now...why take the chance the slippery slope isn't, in fact, a never-ending spiral...

if he, and the music, are that good...he can enthrall the masses without yelling...without screeching...without the over the top, vocal cord straining, R&R bombast

i still recall seeing him read 'maxwells silver hammer' when 'Blackbird Singing' came out...it was fantastic and hilarious...

while i'm not calling for a stand around and read the lyrics tour...couple the ingenuity of that, the chaos special (especially what he did w/lady madonna), an unplugged-ish approach...and you've got the creative making of a fine set of concerts that, imho, would enthrall audiences for a whole different, more personal reason
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Unplugged/Acoustic Concert. Where Wix can play more accordion. Where Randy and Brian can show off their guitar skills more. Where Abe doesn't have to make those faces when he drums. He had an acoustic set in 1976. Bring it back. Good Idea, Mr. H. I whole heartedly agree. It would save his voice so much.

It could be where he would tell the audience about the song. How it came about. Then he could sing it. Like, friends and family sitting around the front room talking and playing music. It might not work for an arena (or it might!) but it would work for a smaller venue.

I likes that idea.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Craigerb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 pm

...and he MUST play the last concert at Candlestick Park!
"And in the end/The love you take/Is equal to/The love you make."
Craigerb
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions