Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Postby lobbybobby » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Jacksonville June 22nd!!!

I will be there and he can play whatever the hell he wants and I'll be smilin' the whole night thru. \:d/
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Tue May 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks to the Internets, I recently managed to find a nice soundboard recording of his show in Japan last year. Aside from a couple songs he really seemed to struggle with like "Maybe I'm Amazed" and (surprisingly) "Let Me Roll It", he otherwise actually sounded fine for the rest of the show. I was pleased to hear he can still nail "We Can Work It Out" and "Another Day". Sure, he sounded better about 10 years ago but there isn't much on here besides the aforementioned songs above that I really had a hard time listening to. There have been many times in the last 20 years where I thought he was losing his voice only to see him turn around and surprise me of what he is capable of. So even if his singing is on the decline, he still is a very capable vocalist and I won't underestimate him there.
Awesoman

Postby flextint » Sat May 17, 2014 11:30 pm

I just read that paul had to cancel a few shows due to a viral illness.He is expected to be ok but doctors made him cancel a few shows.This is why maybe touring less for Paul would be a good idea.Like anyone at that age or even younger touring like he does ,health issues will arise.Is it worth it?
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:16 am

We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lorraine » Sun May 18, 2014 7:35 am

I think at least for the immediate situation in Japan, he should take all the time he needs no matter how long it is to recover from this virus. Get well soon Paul and prayers that you feel better. Please listen to your doctor(s).
lorraine

Postby blmeanie » Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am

flextint wrote:I just read that paul had to cancel a few shows due to a viral illness.He is expected to be ok but doctors made him cancel a few shows.This is why maybe touring less for Paul would be a good idea.Like anyone at that age or even younger touring like he does ,health issues will arise.Is it worth it?

A virus is a virus. No reason to slow down.
blmeanie

Postby EddieV » Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 am

blmeanie wrote:
flextint wrote:I just read that paul had to cancel a few shows due to a viral illness.He is expected to be ok but doctors made him cancel a few shows.This is why maybe touring less for Paul would be a good idea.Like anyone at that age or even younger touring like he does ,health issues will arise.Is it worth it?

A virus is a virus. No reason to slow down.

That is right
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bravefan » Tue May 20, 2014 4:14 pm

He needs to slow down because he's not going to have a voice left period. It has nothing to do with him having a virus.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby blmeanie » Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 pm

bravefan wrote:He needs to slow down because he's not going to have a voice left period. It has nothing to do with him having a virus.

The quote I quoted a few posts up actually suggested he slow down because he would avoid illnesses like he has now.

I think if he toured more he would avoid illnesses, STOP gallabanting around and get back on stage Paul!

Seriously, Hope he feels better.
blmeanie

Postby mr h atom » Tue May 20, 2014 8:41 pm

wots all this about gallabanting ???

i love a good galla...and they wouldn't be the same without the banting !!

all those streamers...and the nice flowers...and those little bits of glittery paper floating about...

not to mention all the strauss waltzes and the long dresse and the tuxes....those cute little cakes...and the champagne !!

why...gallas wouldn't be the same without the banti....what ??

what ??
o...y'mean...it's... a misspspell ??

never mind
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions