Ringo

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Ringo

Postby bravefan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 am

I was amazed at the energy level of Ringo performing at the Beatle Tribute Sunday night. He looked great, sounded really good, and seemed to be in fantastic shape. Long live Ringo!!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Ringo

Postby stuart7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Ringo was great. Paul was good. Overall the show was fantastic (except Kay Perry).
stuart7

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Ringo, God bless him, was AMAZING. The guy can still sing...sounds as good now as he did 50 years ago!

Didn't like the Las Vegasy take on "Matchbox," but I LOVED "Boys." And him and Paul on "With A Little Help..." definitely a moment I'll remember for a long time. Beautiful performance.

Most of the artists were worthy, too...except, I agree, Ms. Perry.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby blmeanie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 pm

I thought Perry was ok.

Is Ringo a vegan too? If he is, I'm sold on it after seeing how those two have held up.

Can Dave Grohl play non-angry drums?
blmeanie

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm

I too thought Ringo was great, Paul was too and I had this silly little grin on my face the whole time. Count me as one who thinks Katy Perry was awful...I thought at times Paul wanted to jump up there and start singing himself!
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby flextint » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:53 pm

I thought the show was really good.Ringo was great!I think Ringo was trying to send a message that Paul isn't the only beatle able to keep the beatle legacy alive!The only down point was that I couldn't help feeling that something was missing,perhaps not something but someone......John and George ,The stage always seemed like it had a large hole in it even with Paul and Ringo on stage.Would have been incredible with them but was still great to see Ringo and Paul can still hold an audience in the palms of their hands.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:17 am

One of the best parts for me was seeing Yoko and Sean enjoying themselves, Yoko dancing around, Sean playing air guitar, etc. Olivia, as well. John and George were there in spirit, no doubt about that!

The one discouraging/sad thing was, where was Julian? Shouldn't Julian have been there? Paul wrote the bloody song "Hey Jude" for the kid!
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby gkmacca » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Mattal1958 wrote:The one discouraging/sad thing was, where was Julian? Shouldn't Julian have been there? Paul wrote the bloody song "Hey Jude" for the kid!

So there were talks about the whole Grammy thing, being involved or being part of that. It was all a bit mad and trying to get information out of that scenario was like blood from a stone. Who’s playing what, everybody was keeping schtum about who’s doing this, that, and the other. And I live in Europe anyway, not that I can’t get on a plane, but it was like if I’m going to be involved in any way, shape or form then I need to come out there for rehearsals. Like I said, blood from a stone.

At the end of it I said, “You know what, I’m just gonna wish you all well. Have a great time. I love you dearly, but uh…” Another thing I wanted to do was stand in the audience, you know, clapping with the audience (laughs), watching other people sing Beatles songs (laughs)? For me it would be Celebs Do Beatles Karaoke Night. I don’t need to see that (laughs). I’m not being rude. That whole thing is not my cup of tea. I’m just not wired that way. Again, I wish them well. I just think events like that can be—not saying that it is because I haven’t seen the performances yet—can be a little on the cheese factor side. I prefer to know The Beatles as they were, when they were. There can never be a reunion anyway so I just thought I’ll send them my love, wish them well, hope they have a great time.

http://www.theaquarian.com/2014/02/12/a ... -as-he-is/
gkmacca

Postby oobujoobu1971 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm certainly no fan of Katy Perry, but worth mentioning that one of her favourite albums of all time is........

Ram!

So she ain't all bad.
Twitter - Tweets from The Beatles 50 years ago today - https://twitter.com/#!/BeatlesAt50
Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/OobuJoobu1971
oobujoobu1971

Postby Mattal1958 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:36 am

Julian is definitely John's son!

Stubborn, smart, observant, and to the point!
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA - all discussions