Favorite McCartney song since Y2K?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Favorite McCartney song since Y2K?

Postby james1985 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm

garrystanton wrote:From a Lover to a Friend. :)

Y'now what? I'll second that.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:53 pm

for what it is worth, GS : i happen to think FALTAF is quite a highly underappreciated song...not as good as 'lonely road', imho, but dang close !! :-BD

i'm thinking, chris, that G4 has oft said she just prefers the older style albums (such as BOTR and V&M) as opposed to the newer, more intimate, more revealin' stuff (such as C&C..., & MAF)

i get the drift she's a rock n roll mama \M/ through and through, not just where macca is concerned...

and let's face it, our lad was a wee bit 'rockier' back in the day

...plus...he was cuter back then and she CLEARLY has the :X for his '70's bad self !! =P~

...i betcha she's got a giant '76 tour photo of him all bassy-prancing-sweaty and mulleted right above her bed =))
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I have made no bones about the fact that I am a 1960's Rock and Roll Person. But I do like some of the more mellow songs but not any from NEW. I like Little Willow. I like Bluebird. There are more that I like I just can't think of the names right off the top of my head. But I like the rockers. They are my favorites of all the music out there. I like Bluegrass as long as no one sings. I like Zydeco. I like old time gospel and not the contemporary gospel of today. I like the blues Stevie Ray Vaughan type. But I was raised on rock and roll. Sounds cliché but it's the truth.

I like slower, mellow song but my favorites, like I just said, are the rockers. I LOVE Paul and I will defend his right to sing whatever he wants and I will take down anyone who disses him. But I like rockers. Can't help what I like. The music and the singing grab me whatever type of music it is. LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!!

Can I still comment on this forum now?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Well, I'm sorry, Girl, you'll have to start leaving your comments on the Bluegrass and Zydeco Fun Site from now on. :-??
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 am

so...G4...if'n ya like a wee bit o' gospel...and bein' a RAWK!!!-chic ta boot...i'm guessin' ya have a hankerin' fer some mike farris...??

but...i digress...

and...i'm afraid you cannot comment on this site now...but you may...in the future...

'cause now ???

I AM !!!

:-D

c'mon...you know you asked for it :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby EddieV » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:45 am

Girl4Beats wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,

And to you all

From A Lover To A Friend
Heather

House Of Wax
Vinage Clothes
Mr. Bellamy
Ever Present Past

On My Way To Work
Queenie Eye
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah, I guess I did ask for that but in my defense, and for what it's worth, I like me SOME Zydeco, SOME Bluegrass, SOME old school gospel. I didn't say I liked it all. I am still your basic rock and roll lady.

Paul has done some amazing music in his solo career and there is no doubt about it. But as to any mellow music from our guy, I really can't think of any off the top of my head in Y2K except for the few I have already mentioned.

I do like some nice, soft music to listen to and Paul has done a gazillion but well to repeat myself, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I still don't like Chaos, Memory or Kisses. But then as I have said before, if we all liked the same kind of music, we all would be a pretty boring bunch of people.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions