Paul in Australia

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Paul in Australia

Postby Jeremy K2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:08 am

Hi all

Having just checked the highest chart psotion ratings for NEW I notice it has done the poorest in Australia. Sadly I am not surprised as Paul very rarely features in the media down under and hasn't toured for a very very long peiod here. Whether it matters or not is detable, but I think Paul is beginning to be forgotten in Australia due to lack of promotion etc in this country. It shows that to achieve good sales you need to promote and be seen.

Cheerio
JK :-BD
Jeremy K2

Re: Paul in Australia

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Stands to reason. To be seen and heard you must promote. Why has Paul not done so Down Under, you knows.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 am

i firmly believe it a shame the way he has treated his down under bretheren for too long...

why the heck can/does he treat the japanese with massive respect...but not the aussies...

he, himself, has helped create this situation...now, he needs to fix it

a down under tour, with lots of personal PR, is long over due...

and he ought to make the ticket prices as reasonable and inexpensive as he possibly can...

he's lucky as all get-out that any, down there, are even paying attention at all
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm

he probably just doesn't like the long flight. Or the food. ;)
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:07 pm

HEY !! buster !!! ~X(

i've been to the outback...well...er...The Outback restaurant... :oops:

and they have pretty good food there at least... :lol:

'course...we all know how the british are reknowned for their great cuisine, right ? :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:37 pm

maybe they don't serve vegetarian there?
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Maybe they threatened to administer The Boot? :-D
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:33 am

I probably wouldnt bother seeing him if he came.
The price for even poor seats would be like 500+, and his voice is not in the best shape now, and I don't really need to hear the same songs played the same way live...

Do massive rearrangements(different composition) of songs, and place more importance on the varied catalogue of solo material... Then I may be interested.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 pm

here's a question...why does he need to promote a new release to the relatively small niche that is already his fanbase? I would have bought his new disc regardless of whether he did kimmel, letterman, leno...whatever. in fact...for those who know me...I avoided hearing anything new till my cd was delivered...slowly...from japan. point is...there was virtually no promotion I saw/heard. the fact I was aware of a new release was enough to excite me to buy it. the press at least let you guys know it was upcoming, right? paul fans tend to buy paul albums. if there aren't many fans down there...maybe a bit of promotion wouldn't have helped much.

and as always...nice to see you, laz.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeremy K2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:37 pm

My point would be that that is why I would like to see greater promotion in Australia so as to sell more cds to the broader public in my country - not just his fan base.

If he is number 2 in Japan then it can't just be a fan base purchasing his music there.

I don't accept that only fans will now buy Paul albums as is proven by sales in other countries.
Cheerio :-h
Jeremy K2

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions