A NEW ranking of Maccas albums

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

A NEW ranking of Maccas albums

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:54 am

Every once in a while we make some sort of ranking concerning Maccas album. Here is another try. There are five ways to describe an album
Outstanding - that means it s a landmark album - a true classic
Great - That mean s it s very, very good-a least a minor classic
Good- That means it s very pleasant listening with at least some great stuff
Average- The same as boring
Below average - Sorry not this time
Here are my choices
Outstanding - Ram, Band on the Run, Mccartney, Chaos and creation
Great- Tug of war, Flaming pie, Mccartney 2, Red rose speedway,,WOA(the only live album included), Flaming Pie, Run Devil run,
Good- Wild Life, Back to the egg, London town, Pipes of peace, Memory almost full,Kisses on the B , Flowers in the dirt, Electric argument, Speed of sound
Average- Driving Rain, Give my regards to broad street , Of the ground, that russian covers album
Below average - Press to play
This survey is completely scientific and it will be interesting to see where the NEW album ranks
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: A NEW ranking of Maccas albums

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

it could only be 'scientific', my dear M, if you were either a robot (programmed by the Nadirists, no doubt !) or mccartneys newest PR rep...

i'll let you know...scientifically :wink: which one my dissection...um...dissertations uncovers ^:)^
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mycougar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:51 am

The Outstanding: Ram, BOTR, Flaming Pie; Chaos and Creation

The Great: WOA, Memory Almost Full, McCartney, Venus and Mars, Tug of War, Electric Argument

The Good: London Town, Driving Rain, McCartney II, Back to the Egg, Run Devil Run, Kisses On the Bottom

The Average: Red Rose Speedway, Flowers in the Dirt, Off the Ground, Wild Life, Speed of Sound, Press to Play, Russian

Below Average: Pipes of Peace, Broad Street
mycougar

Postby savillerowdie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh boy oh boy, another "Rankings" post......Oh what the hell, I can't resist, I have to admit I love doing these things.

The Outstanding: Ram, BOTR

The Great: McCartney, Venus & Mars, WOA, McCartney II, Tug of War, Run Devil Run, Chaos and Creation,

The Good: Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway, WATSOS, Back to the Egg, FITD, Flaming Pie, MAF, Electric Arguments

The Average: London Town, Off the Ground, CHOBA B CCCP, Driving Rain, Kisses on the Bottom

Below Average: Pipes of Peace, Broad Street, Press to Play

I must add, members of the "Good" category will sporadically and temporarily bubble up to "Great" from time to time, depending upon my mood. The "Outstanding" and "Great" are always thus.
The "Average" and "Below Average" will almost assuredly stay down there as I practically never listen to them as a whole. But then again, I once felt the same way about Wild Life and Speed of Sound and my opinions of both of those albums has risen dramatically in the past few years and I listen to them quite a bit now. But I can't ever see/hear that happening with the rest on the < Good lists. They are, as the description states, "boring", or worse.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:40 pm

:-D :lol: :salute :lol: :shock: :lol:

the Nadirists?!?!

thanks brother...you have inspired me...

well...not so much. I mean...I laughed so hard i'm going to have to take a breather. truth is I have nothing so awesome as the Nadirists.

^:)^
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jmonti476 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:23 am

Outstanding: RAM, BOTR, Tug of War, Flowers in the Dirt, Memory almost full, the Russian album, Flaming Pie, WOA, Driving USA ^:)^

The Great: Pipes of Peace, Venus and mars, Wings at the Speed of Sound, Back to the Egg, unplugged, all the best, Tripping the Life fantastic \M/

the Good: Broad Street, Wild Life, McCartney, off the Ground, Standing Stone, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, Wings greatest hits, :-BD

the Average: London Town, Driving Rain, run devil run, :-h

below average: McCartney II, press to play, red rose speedway ~X(
jmonti476

Postby chris » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:18 am

Jmonti...first of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting our forum. There's plenty to look at. Plenty of opinions. You're welcome to leave your own, encouraged even. Be open...be honest. And be true to yourself. And disregard any criticism you may or may not receive. There may be some. Maybe even from me. But help yourself to leave a bit of your own.

Sit back. Try and have some fun. And loosen the belt. You just might like it here.

Wait...WTF..have you reviewed Press To Play as below average?

You !?%#@!^€!!!
Last edited by chris on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:38 am

i fully understand your feelings, my brutha...while this is a 'to each his own' kinda world..(blahblahblah)...i, for one, would have to call into question the musical integrity of one who would list a few mediocre live albums, a couple of overly repetative/money-grabbing hits collections...pipes of peace ...sniffsniff...GMRTB above such highly creative gems as M2 and PTP...

:roll:

Jmonti (IF that's his/her real name --- methinks i smell a 'del' instead of a 'j'...as that was alot more like creamed corn than any form of great musical intuitiveness :wink: ) is of course entirely entitled to his/her (its ?) own opinion...even if it somewhat wrong ~X(

still...must be patient with the wee ones... :(|)

welcome aboard...del :YMHUG:
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 am

Also like to welcome our new member to this fine discussion board. I always say that taste is a subjective thing -no right or wrong. But being a nadirist and also a very flexible person I think there must exeptions from that rule. For instance when it comes to Press to Play an album that represents the NADIR of an otherwise rather illustrious career, But that debacle proves that Macca is only human after all and that he during the period of recording that stuff obviously has changed his retailer of that stuff he was so keen on smoking back in the days
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 am

oh, M ... ^:)^ :-D

ummm...i do not percieve any of maccas albums as below average...simply don't...i get rid of below average stuff..i trade it off...i give it away...for anybody...i certainly wouldn't pull it out and listen to it again if it was below average...all these, i do

...these are in order of release, not preference...

outstanding - ram, BOTR, WOA, mc2, PTP, RDR, C&CITB, MAF...(spot reserved...maybe for something...blue.??)

great - Mc1, mcgear, TOW, BTTE, Choba, FITD, FP, standing stone, EA, KOTB

* very good - WL, RRS, thrillington, V&M, LT, unplugged, rushes, working classical, wingspan, * DR !!

good - wings greatest, tripping..., SOSF, liverpool oratorio, ecce cor meum

average - wings at the speed of sound, pipes of peace, GMRTBS, all the best, OTG, paul is live, liverpool sound collage, back in the usa, GENYC

tru-dat :salute

* thanks, savvy !!
Last edited by mr h atom on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions