Macca reveals what he sees at his nadir

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca reveals what he sees at his nadir

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:46 pm

no............ :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:29 am

mr h atom wrote:no............ :wink:

Guess that posting with a simple No was the nadir of this thread.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:29 am

Magnus, brother...I have to say...you are one funny fellow.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 am

I might be one funny nadirist anyway
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mattal1958 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:28 pm

I guess even Paul sites have trolls. Sigh. I was hoping for a bit more than that kind of sarcasm.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JimQ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey Mattal

I agreed with everything you said in both your fine contributions - don't be worried or put out - it isn't really sarcasm. It is a fun site after all, and though I don't always see 100 % eye to eye with mr h on occasion ;-) his contributions are often the most enlightening (and quite funny here :-) ). Having a joke doesn't take away from your excellent points - in fact I think you said everything that was left to say! Poor mr h after 1700 postings can't be considered a troll - he's an institution!
JimQ

Postby mhnso » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:33 am

Agree mr H is the soul and salt of this forum the same way I am the handsome one with intelligence and good taste. Thing is we all like Maccas stuff But maybe different parts of it.it s all entertainment and for à laugh really.there is so much things in life that aint.the reason I part here is that we don t take ourself or Macca all that seriously.Music is for fun not bickering.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:54 am

thanks big J..., thanks big M.... :salute

Matts...Matts-Matts-Matts...y'know what they call a guy with no legs who hangs around your front door ??

....just checking :YMHUG:

c'mon, Matts :-?? i put that little laughy face there for a reason, son...and it wasn't 'cause i disagrred so heartily with your post !

sorry if i assumed you were up on all this folderol: you know what they say about 'assuming'; i make an ass out of you and me !

still...i do still have a pair of my kindly ol' Mr. Rogers-like kindygarden gloves i can bring out just for you...

after all...i wouldn't want you to get the wrong impression........at least...not yet

sign this one...H the Troll ^:)^
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:06 pm

No mr H a troll you aint ....more of a true believer in the power of McCartney 2 and Press to Play . The first one I agree but Press to Play is muzak to my ears. But that is My ears. Maybe I am the one who miss something here. The same way you do with the new single. But I think we ll both like the new album But probably different tracks.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

i've spoken at some very small length in the past about PTP...i absolutely agree with anyone and everyone that there is definatively something about the sound/production that grounds it specifically to the mid '80's...in fact, i've pretty much always stated the exact same thing myself: it's not something i've just gone along with,...i've claimed it, too...

although it is a wee bit worrisome...it does not, for me, detract from the sublime achievement of what the man, imho, set out to do

these are a stunningly great set of songs, all well and inventively written ..with an overall creative approach that puts it literally (much like my beloved) years beyond it's release...

i've always had no doubt that others would come around to M2...i've always had no doubt some will come around to this one...

i'm perfectly at peace with those who don't 'get' it...and fully understand that reasonably intelligent people will not see/hear what i do...

heck...i'm just glad when anyone gives it thier best shot...after that, it is all subjective...and i'm good with that

doesn't mean i won't tease all you infidels :wink: ...but, hey, that's what friends are for :salute
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions