Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 am

Actually all this deluxe/specialedition s-t p-s me of to the bone. So far rumours of a japanese edition with four extra racks, one deluxe with two and one with three. Don t wanna end up buying the same thing ten times. I accept the fact they put out one regular and on de deluxe with bonustracks but that should be it. Where can I complain about this. This might in the end lead towards that even more people download the whole thing without paying anything. Being a collector of physical albums I won t but it s bad marketing as far as I am concerned
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:23 am

if true...this is complete b.s.

paramount just did this with the new 'star trek - into darkness' bluray...there are loads of different versions, none with the same stuff...so, if you want all the extras, you gotta buy multiple versions of the same danged thing..or wait a few months-years when they re-release a 'special' editon ???

I'VE BEEN BUYING MCCARTNEY ALBUMS, DAY ONE, SINCE BACK TO THE EGG...IF THIS HOLDS TRUE...I WILL NOT DO SO THIS TIME...I WILL WAIT...AS LONG AS I CAN...TO FIND THE MOST COMPLETE VERSION AT THE CHEAPEST PRICE

ONE DOUBLE ALBUM WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT ALL...BUT, SO FAR, IT APPEARS MCCARTNEY IS NOT REALLY ALL THAT INTERESTED IN ACTUALLY TAKING CARE OF HIS 'FANS'

SO, IF I HAVE TO, I'LL DOWN LOAD, ILLEGALLY WHATEVER ELSE DOES NOT APPEAR ON THAT ONE SINGLE VERSION I DO BUY...AND WILL NOT BUY ANY NEW' VERSIONS OF 'NEW'..NOR ANY OTHER 'SPECIAL/DELUXE' ALBUMS GOING FORWARD...I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THEM ALL ONCE OR TWICE...I DO NOT NEED TO BUY THEM ALL FIVE OR SIX TIMES

...THIS IS MADDENING SH!TE...

quite frankly...i expect one heck of alot more than this sort of corporate b.s. from someone who repeatedly claims to be in it for the fans...for the art

lets' hope we all find out...SOON... that this as all some form of a mistake...but after the near debacle w/rockshow...

but i ain't holding my breath
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 am

Agree with you but nothing is confirmed but it seems a bit odd
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:29 pm

If I may...I think we're getting our knickers in a twist a wee bit prematurely. The album hadn't even been released yet. One report says two bonus songs. Another says three. Yet another says four. Well r know soon enough. But we have to have a product before we celebrate or complain.

I, also, hate the fact that he sometimes releases the deluxe edition just months after the bonus edition gets released. But...we're all getting much more material than we used to. Thanks to the CD format. Driving Rain clocked in at 67 minutes. Electric Arguments at 63. Flowers was well over 50. Maybe he's never released that double album we've all been waiting for...but he's come close with some of his recent running times.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Agree that nothing is confirmed Only speculations But this whole deluxebusiness is à bit of av ripof
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:48 pm

It's nothing different to the 12 inch singles in the 80s and the CD1 and CD2 singles stuff in the 90s...except those formats don't exist anymore, so they have to do them with albums.

Just download whatever's not on the special edition. It's not hard, takes two minutes. It's not like I ever really listen to Summer of 59 or 222 anyway... :-D
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jmonti476 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Ill be waiting also to see what is available and where! I remember KOTB had two deluxe versions one with the two extra songs and one with a code for a free download to his in studio concert for the album and certain retailers only sold one kind what a horrible marketing ploy!!! :-x
jmonti476

Postby savillerowdie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:32 pm

I expect better of Paul, so I hope these multiple versions are not true. Just do one Deluxe with all four bonus tracks and I will probably buy the Deluxe over the standard version. Otherwise, I will just buy the standard and, unless the bonus tracks are incredibly good, I won't bother to download them. It is this kind of marketing crap that forced me to stop being a "completist" several years ago. I used to track down every B-side, which in Paul's case can sometimes be better than "featured" tracks. Someone mentioned Summer of 59, to me that is a song that is far superior to New. So is Comfort of Love, Back On My Feet and Flying To My Home. If these bonus cuts are of that caliber, I might buy them, once and IF I get over the crappy marketing ploy. But I'll probably wait it out or look for copies of them elsewhere.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

both chris and james are quite right...we are, of course, getting ahead of ourselves...ruminating on rumors...

still, the lack of official news, this close to a release date, doesn't help...especially as the macca-mgt team are so willing to push this album as they have been...

in the way-way past...those singles, 12" or no, only cost a buck or two...an album $8 or $9...altogether, you could pay $10-15 bucks and get the whole shebang...and not really have to worry about it

with this new system..the cd costs $10-12...the deluxe $15-19 (IF it's released day-n-date)..and if one wishes to be an honest completist...one might have to buy 2 or 3 different versions of the deluxe IF there are multiple versions with different stuff...unless you cheat...

when one all encompassing deluxe, also released day-n-date, with everything is all that is needed and would be the honest, upfront thing to do
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby chris » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 pm

I have to ask...why isn't there a concrete list of songs yet? He had twenty recorded. Is it still undecided? Or is it just a secret?

Wouldn't releasing the song titles (by the Paul camp) create discussion...and maybe even pique interest?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions