Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:41 pm

trucks ?? pontz !! :wink:

now...joe bonnamassa ?!?! :-BD

actually...they're both great... :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 am

Actually gave in to temptation and listened to the studioversion of Save us and Everybody out there and boy are they smoking hot. I really liked the liveversions but the studioversions are really something to behold.I actually start to believe that this album will be scientifically categorized as an outstanding one. There is an energy in the tracks that I somehow have missed for sometime in Maccas work however good stuff he puts out. Amazing it is - considering the mans age
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby JimQ » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:44 am

You have scientifically made me wet myself. I'm very excited. And a little jealous that you heard them!
JimQ

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 am

JimQ wrote:You have scientifically made me wet myself. I'm very excited. And a little jealous that you heard them!

Sorry about that inconvinience . Didn t want that to happen but the tracks mentioned really contains a certain power
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:15 am

so... :-D

what you're saying, M, is...

we can all rest assured that there is a very good chance we will all come to hold "NEW' close... :idea:

NAY, DEAR to our hearts \:d/

^:)^
mr h atom

Postby jgkojak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:34 am

mhnso wrote:Actually gave in to temptation and listened to the studioversion of Save us and Everybody out there and boy are they smoking hot. I really liked the liveversions but the studioversions are really something to behold.I actually start to believe that this album will be scientifically categorized as an outstanding one. There is an energy in the tracks that I somehow have missed for sometime in Maccas work however good stuff he puts out. Amazing it is - considering the mans age

Dang it - I have yet to track those down - can you get me a link?
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 am

Sorry no links I just "stumbled" across that one. Guess it will be all over the place soon.
Mr H -as you are well aware taste can differ - but I find that the two tracks I happened to hear kicks some serious a-s. Arrangement of Everybody out there a bit heavier than the live version but still similar. Pails vocal is absolutely great and extremely powerful. This track sounds(to me)as vintage Wings on steroids. This number seems to be made for stadiumconcerts but also has some wonderful musical odds and ends including Pauls Family shouting in the chorus.
Save Us has more layers in arrangement than the live version, including handclaps and other stuff,There is this great riff that Paul and Epworth made up in the studio(Epworth on drums and Paul on bass) and some heavy basslines and once again Paul really nails the vocals. This track I would say is Paul the rocker at his melodic best. Vintage and modern at the same time It s short but just put in on repeat a few times.
Both these tracks sounds like bonafideclassics to me and has an energy and urgency that I haven t heard from Macca in a long time.
If the rest of the album follows this path this album will be a sensation even for us seasoned Maccafans. It seems to be some great stuff there including acoustic early days, Walruslike Quennie Eye, fragile piano ballad Scared, expiremnetal hiphop funk an so on. Stuff I will wait to hear until release day(if I have the character)
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:59 pm

you don't :wink:

it's like...musical crack...once you start, you're done like a stuck pig at a luau of desperately hungry 'biggest loser' rejects

you'll be all over it like miley on robin...or robin on hood ?

it's in your blood...you can't resist

no sir: you are NOT a nadirist...you are a macca ho'
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Mr H You might be right but I actually had the opportunity to listen to the whole Bonanza,still have But....i only chose to listen to the two songs I already heard in Liveversions. I guess that that Quennie eye song will be heard since it s released as à single next week. So I am still more of à nadirist In fact I am a proud nadirist.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm

hmmm...i think the language barrier is getting the best of you, M...

see...nadirisists always look for the bad...the bleak...the worst, thus they enshroud themselves within the more darker conotations of that word 'nadir'

you, on the other hand, love the music of macca...true story...in fact, you've been so upfront about it...it's almost like you've bared your soul...so, i guess that really makes you a macca nudist !

X_X

soooo......good thing this site isn't auto-skyped, right 8-}
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions