NEW Paul single is out, listen right here! (lyrics/chords)

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: NEW Paul single is out, listen right here! (lyrics/chord

Postby JimQ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:00 pm

You're all right, I was a little hard on Fine Line - I actually like it too. I think just as the first thing I heard from CACTIB I remember thinking...where can the album go from here...?! Whereas now, in the overall context of such a great album, I love it. Fits in great and really does have a great chord progression. Always makes me smile. So sorry!

Picking up both the "Paul plugging the least wonderful song" thing and my friend Mr h atom :salute turning Japanese - one of Paul's most haunting and achingly beautiful songs in years was the Japan-only track from CACITBY, She's So Beautiful (Check it out on youtube if you haven't heard it!!). Why only Japan?! Why not lop off How Kind of you for the Japan disk and give us She's so Beautiful?! From a commercial viewpoint Why So Blue from MAF's deluxe disk would've been a critical success as a single. Great lyrics - great arrangement, great vocals, very modern yet confidently executed song. So he does make funny choices imho. And we shouldn't decide too much about the album based on the single.

As mr h atom said, singles take a lot of scrutiny. Especially as they are probably the only things the un-macca-converted will hear. I know I'm going to like whatever Paul puts on a disk - but I'd like the singles to be something strong that can withstand scrutiny from "outsiders"! He's so much more respected than he has been in years - I really hope this album gets him the credit he deserves.
JimQ

Postby chris » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 pm

brother, you had me...I was in...I was signed up for all you had to say...except for the lop off how kind of you. THAT'S IT! I'M OUT.

one of my favorite tracks off that still-continuing-to-get-better album, for me.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 pm

yeah...what is with the always lopping off stuff... ~X(

why not just have the lad realize he should always...always put out a single cd for the dolts.... :roll:

and a double for all the real fans... :cheers
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:06 am

Chris, I couldn't agree more about "How Kind of You" and Chaos always seeming to get better with age. "How Kind of You" is a top-notch song only Macca could make. There's real magic being made there. It's so under appreciated that it makes me wonder if people are really listening.
Mr. H., right on man, why lop off anything? Give it all to me; everything recorded during these sessions.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions