Rockshow

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Rockshow

Postby james1985 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:00 pm

This just appeared

http://rockshowonscreen.com/
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Rockshow

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Wow! Hope I get a chance to see it locally. :-BD
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 pm

there's a list of the theaters currently booked (with dates: can't tell if those dates mean when it starts...or if it is only showing on one day) on that sight, EF...so, check - check - check it out !!

so far...it'll not appear near me :cry: still...maybe a solo release bluray isn't far off... :YMPRAY:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Just checked and It is showing here locally. Yay! :ymparty:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby cd1500rpm » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

mr h atom wrote:still...maybe a solo release bluray isn't far off... :YMPRAY:

Now will the WOA release we've all been waiting for come before or after May 15???
cd1500rpm

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:08 pm

cd1500,

Supposedly ON May 15 if all tracks.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby edrebber » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Rockshow is fantastic. I've got it on laserdisc and I watch it a few times every year.
edrebber

Postby Mike » Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Got to see Rockshow tonight in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. The screening started in the middle of Paul talking. no intro, just a few seconds of audio, no video then the video came on and lasted about a minute. The theater no doubt messed up. I saw the trailer online and the video looked spectacular and I thought it would look great on the big screen, like the HD quality I saw online, but was ok. All cleaned up of course, not like the old DVD copy I whatever generation from the original. It still looked amazing on the big screen. Actually breath taking to be honest.

The audio is another story. It was apparently just coming out of the center channel from the screen. There was no surround sound or even any evidence of stereo. No sound was coming out of the usual theater sound system and I've been at this theater dozens of times. I jumped up went to the ticket people and told them and within a few minutes they got the guy who press play on the DVD. He said he followed all the instruction on the paper he was given by the people who sent them the DVD. I asked him if he bothered to turn on the theater sound system as it sounds like the sound from a cheap TV. I'm serious. The guy was sarcastic and repeated what he said the first time. Paul's vocals and who ever was singing lead vocals were very clear, could not hear much harmonies at all and the overall mix wasn't there. I saw the original screening of RockShow when it first came out back in the day. I know there was overdubbing of harmonies back then and was curious how they would come through. Also was wondering if the playback would be at normal speed instead of the sped up chipmunk version of the past. No chipmunks this time around I'm glad to say, but the I honestly can't tell you about the harmonies. Even in Go Now where Paul and Linda do that great backing vocal to Denny. Could barely hear, I mean barely hear Paul/Linda. Horn section was missing though you could tell they were there. Like I said to me it sounded like the center channel mix only being played.

Very, very disappointed with Cineplex, surely did not get my $15 worth. You pay that much money for a special event ticket you would think they would turn on the sound system.

Gotta get the DVD ! Loved this tour, 1st time playing here since The Beatles 1st time to hear songs like Yesterday, Blackbird to name a few to us guys in Canada/US. Wings were hot, they were topping the charts, all the networks were stumbling over each other to an interview with Paul. McCartney & Wings were everywhere on TV and radio. It was a good time to be a MACCA fan.

Get to see this anyway you can, and as long as the venue it's playing in does it right, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby james1985 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:57 am

I saw this last night, too, Mike. I've got to say that the harmonies were pretty low in the mix for me, too, but my theatre definitely had surround sound working (even if it was just crowd noise at the sides, most of the music was front and centre of the mix).

I looks amazing and it's great to watch it all the way through, when it's previously been a load of youtube clips to me. Joe English comes out of it really well, he's on fire a lot of the time. Lots of cheesy goofing around from Paul, but his voice makes up for it. And great to watch him play those great bass lines.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 pm

should we be concerned? amazon touts this blu ray release as being in 5.1 stereo. i completely expect this sound to be phenomenal...not just okay. i was really excited about getting this on blu ray. maybe i'll wait til i hear some audio reviews before i go out and do the deed.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions