Anyone knows something about these rumours?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby DylansMrJones » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:54 pm

Of all the Beatles I think it was Paul who most consistantly dedicated himself to his music. Whatever distractions came his way, he continued to be a musician first and foremost. I get the feeling from all I've read that John and George liked touring as Beatles the least once the novelty wore off for them. Paul willingly and happily gives himself to his audience. The other three Beatles are/were less enthusiastic about being the center of attention.Not to slight any of them, I love them all for being my first favorite band!

And I think it was Paul's dedication that kept the Beatles busy near the end - especially from MMT to ABBEY ROAD. Watching the LET IT BE film, and hearing the many Get Back sessions/rehearsals tapes, you can sense Paul's frustration. I think he badly wanted the band to continue, and because of that may have gotten too pushy.

I don't recall Paul ever trying to tell George how to play a Harrisong, but he did get on George a bit through a rehearsal of John's DON'T LET ME DOWN. A small bit of that argument is edited into part of the TWO OF US argument seen in LET IT BE.

Still, all too often discussion of these sessions focuses in on the unhappy moments. There were some rather pleasant moments as well where the guys are obviously having fun jamming and chatting. There's a humorous bit of dialog where they discuss making a film and who could play what part. There's also a rehearsal of SOMETHING where George asks "What could it be, Paul? Something in the way she moves attracts me like a...." John suggests "cauliflower" and Ringo says "screwdriver". George decides upon 'pomegranite" for the time being.
DylansMrJones

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:00 pm

GREAT post, Dylan!! And so true.
Ram1

Postby DylansMrJones » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:34 pm

And how can I forget the bit when Peter Sellers stopped by Twickenham to taunt them, saying "If I'd have known you boys would be here I'd have brought some stuff with me". Lost of funny weed talk.
DylansMrJones

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:54 am

quote:Originally posted by DylansMrJones
And how can I forget the bit when Peter Sellers stopped by Twickenham to taunt them, saying "If I'd have known you boys would be here I'd have brought some stuff with me". Lost of funny weed talk.

[:D]
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:56 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
GREAT post, Dylan!! And so true.

yes, very good post, Mr. Jones.
Dear Paul has Beatle Paul engraved on his soul.
WAD[:)]

George had GOD engraved on his soul.
Richie has DRUMMER.
John had MOMMY.
I have The Beatles.
you could go on forever like that, couldn't you?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions