Anyone knows something about these rumours?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:10 pm

quote:Originally posted by shorty
I realy think that Ringo and George were both kinda stuck to the side through that whole thing.

True, but I think John was so wrapped up in Yoko at the time, that he could care less anyway. Just about every scene in LIB, Yoko is by his side. And often times they went off alone.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:38 am

During LIB, John and Yoko were doing heroin and he basically dropped out of everything and everyone but Yoko and drugs. Paul took over because someone had to. As I recall that scene between Paul and George, Paul was trying to tell George how George should play one of his own songs. Now if anyone had tried to tell Paul how HE should play one of HIS songs, well, we can all imagine what would have happened.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:43 am

Both Paul and Linda have always said he rang her one day and invited her to come to London. She checked with her friends and agreed, leaving Heather home until she was sure it would work out. Apparently she moved in with Paul and never really left. They both went to NYC to get Heather and stayed a week or two. This has all been discussed ad nauseum over the years. I've never seen the '72 Yoko interview. But Francie has said that she left because he asked her to and Linda moved in. I think the Lennons moved out after the note thing and before Linda moved in. They went to live in Ringo's London flat where he no longer lived. This has all been documented in many places. [:)]
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby optic » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:45 am

Paul never led or controlled the Beatles or the music. That's a myth. Nobody but nobody told John Lennon ever what to do. Nor would George harrison ever agree to do something he didn't want to do. The Beatles were four very strong people and to suggest that Paul led other Beatles to do something is not accurate nor historically correct.

John Lennon was as much a leader during Magical Mystery Tour or White Album as any of them. Paul did not lead the Beatles after Eppie died. I think Ram mistakes enthusiasm for leadership. Many people who are Macca fans think Paul led the Beatles after a certain point in time. It never happened. Paul wasn't a leader in the sense the other guys sort of wouldn't tolerate him because at times - let's face it - Paul can be a little hard to handle and bossy like. Nobody told those guys what to do.

If anything, Lennon led the group in the early years - his enthusiasm waned toward the end - but Paul did not nor would he ever tell John what to do. Ever.
optic

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:26 am

Anyone with brothers must know how hard it is to ALWAYS be nice to each other...and no one ever had to be the brothers the Beatles were to each other.

As far as picking on Yoko goes, there's a Get Back sessions moment where they are playing ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and Paul says "There's an oriental influence that really shouldn't be here." Sounds like a swipe at Yoko to me, but having only heard the audio I don't know if John caught it. During a dialog sequence Paul asks, in reference to John - "Does he ever make fun of you, Yoko?".

I'll have to get out my Get Back tapes. Been a while...
DylansMrJones

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:33 am

quote:Originally posted by shinestar
As I recall that scene between Paul and George, Paul was trying to tell George how George should play one of his own songs. NO-It was a guitar part for one of PAUL's songs, first on I've Got a Feeling (the descending guitar break), and the biggest rift was on Two of Us. Nice try.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:39 am

quote:Originally posted by optic
Paul never led or controlled the Beatles or the music. That's a myth.Disagree---He was the driving force, from Pepper forward. To simplify--He kept things going. John was losing interest. Paul was much more prolific in his songwriting and quality of song and took a bigger hand in the MUSICAL leadership. You can see the obvious development of their own personal styles by now, and Paul just had more songs and better songs. Pepper and MMT: his idea. Get Back--his idea. The awesome 2nd side of Abbey Road--his idea. If that's not leading musically, I don't know what is. To think or say anything BUT that is a myth.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by optic
Paul never led or controlled the Beatles or the music. That's a myth.Disagree---He was the driving force, from Pepper forward. To simplify--He kept things going. John was losing interest. Paul was much more prolific in his songwriting and quality of song and took a bigger hand in the MUSICAL leadership. You can see the obvious development of their own personal styles by now, and Paul just had more songs and better songs. Pepper and MMT: his idea. Get Back--his idea. The awesome 2nd side of Abbey Road--his idea. If that's not leading musically, I don't know what is. To think or say anything BUT that is a myth.

I agree with Steve. John himself said he got very lax and let Paul be the driving force so to speak and then childishly resented it later on. Paul did tend to be overpowering at times, it is just his nature as a perfectionist. It did get to be a bit much for the others at times, but they knew him and his personality. John had found a farout Mommy and therefore lost interest in The Beatles.
And John always liked anybody else to take care of him. From Mimi to Eppie to Yoko, so he didn't have to take on the responsibility. That was what happened with Cyn- she thought John with his aggressive personailty was a real man. That was the lie.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:29 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[|)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:52 pm

Somebody blast some LZ2 to wake megs up!!! [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter