why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Postby chris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 pm

G4B, not that it helps in this exact situation...but if you have a smart phone...there is an app called "soundhound" which, at the press of a button, tells you the name of any song you might be listening to, the artist that performs it, and the album you can find it on. It can be most helpful in those...damn, I wish I knew what this song is called...moments.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 pm

unless you're driving down the road...you hear the song...you reach for your cell...start to hit the app...and the station fades away... :-D

or...you're so distratcted using all this newfangled stuff...you hit a mack truck from behind and you phone flies out one window...while you flies out the other... :-h

dang...i'm no help at all :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:03 pm

THAT WOULD BE ME. I hate to sound like an old fuddy duddy but I don't have a cell phone. I don't use a DVR. I have a DVD player but have never used it. There are probably loads of stuff on my computer I don't know anything about. Heck! I just learned how to create a folder and move photos and documents to said folders.

I have Skype but don't know how to use it. I have no idea what a cloud is or what a cookie is outside the fact that clouds are those puffy things in the sky and cookies are something one eats with milk or hot cocoa. I told you guys, I am a DINOSAUR to the ultimate.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 pm

G4, I get it. there's a lot of new stuff out there and it sure is different from the way it used to be. but if you have someone to show you a thing or two...really take a few minutes or more to show you how to use things...there is a whole world out there that you'd love. I am, for instance, the farthest thing from being computer literate...but I do have three kids...and there are computers in every class now. computers are normal to a whole new generation. they've taught me tons of great stuff. I have 500 albums on my phone now I lug along with me everywhere I go.

and they even have small, handheld devices...which allow you to change the tv channel. that's like...outer space stuff...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 am

Chris,

I do know how to use a remote, to an extent. Yes most kids nowadays know more about technology than I do and I am slowly but surely learning but not as fast as some think I should be. I guess by the time I am 70 years old I will know more. I do have a new toy that my nephew has to show me how to use because the instructions I don't seem to be able to understand. It converts slides to prints and 110 negatives to prints. If I can learn how to use that, I then have a whole bunch more photos added to my collection which in turn will go into scrapbooks.

But I am learning the new technology but by that time, a whole new lot of technology will come out. (GREAT BIG SIGH HERE) I will be forever playing "catch up" with technology. So be it.

Maybe my brain or thought process is NOT/NOT hard wired for electronics.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 am

Harrythebannister wrote:I have one or two Hi res Beatle albums needledropped from vinyl at 24/96 on DVD audio and to be honest....I can't hear much difference.
Maybe I'm getting old..too much wax etc!! :-? :lol:

If it is a direct recording from vinyl, even if recorded at 24/96, then of course you won't hear much of a difference. You're not going to improve the sound simply by recording it at a higher bitrate. With hi-res audio, the original masters are remastered to high resolution, and there usually is a noticeable difference. That link I provided in a previous post has sound samples. Go hear for yourself.
Awesoman

Postby mhnso » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

When a sound is vary bad or compressed I take notice and if the sound is very good I also take notice. For instance I recently purchased a boxed(of course set) with the wonderful and sometimes very McCarteysounding 10cc and I think these tracks got new life. And song s like Im not in love, Wall street shuffle or Rubber bullets sounded good from the beginning. So there is a difference in sound for sure. But I actually prefer some of the old George Martin remasters from the eighties when it comes to the Beatles. The remastered Ram sound extremely good not to mention the monoversion of that album
but...
when I put all those great sounding album in my I phone the mp format compresses the sound so It doesn t make much difference anyway unless I play the actual cd on my music system
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 am

Guys,

Thanks for the encouragement. I might just do that.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions