Clouds by Zach Sobiech - help it go viral ! UPDATE

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Clouds by Zach Sobiech - help it go viral ! UPDATE

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 pm

UPDATE Dec.21st 2012 - No, the world hasn't ended for us and thanks to many of you, Zach's song and his story has gone viral !!! When this was brought to my attention there was only some 42,000 views on YouTube and the hope was to get it to a million, but checking now it is over 1.2 million, yessss, and there is five days til Christmas Day. Reading the comments people have put on the youtube video must bring him and his family great deal of joy. People worldwide are praising this inspiring song.

After battling bone cancer for three years, Minnesota teenager Zach Sobiech was told this past May that the disease had spread and that there were no longer any effective treatments available. In response to this disheartening diagnosis, Sobiech embraced music as a way of bidding farewell to his friends and family. The resulting song, titled "Clouds," is an inspirational and courageous message of hope in the face of a harrowing future. You can hear Sobiech's "Clouds" and learn more about his story on YouTube.

I feel so compelled to do what I can to help it go viral. Please take a listen and pass this on to everyone you know. Zach is dying and is using music to say goodbye to his friends and family, wrote this song. Pass this on and help this go viral for Zach. This is no hoax, this is real life. Here is some info below the video box:

Published on Dec 5, 2012

Zach Sobiech, of Lakeland, Minnesota, doesn't go far without his guitar in tow. Facing months to live, 17-year-old Zach is turning to music - writing and performing songs as a way to say goodbye to his friends and family.

Zach was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2009. Since his diagnosis, Zach has endured several surgeries and months of chemo. In May, 2012, the cancer spread to his pelvis and lungs. There are no known effective treatments left. As Zach fights to live, he remains the same joyful soul he has always been. He still smiles as brightly as he did before cancer - it just means more now.

To read Zach's story or to donate to the Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund, visit ChildrensCancer.org/Zach. Read more about Zach on his personal blog: CaringBridge.org/visit/ZacharySobiech

Special thank you to:
Dan Seeman - VP/General Manager KS95
Karl Demer - Atomic K Records and Production
Merritt Benton - Tracking Engineer
John Lynn - Piano
Zach Miller - Drums
Sean O'Hea - Bass
Matt Vannelli - Guitar
Mike Rominski - Video and Editing - Woolly Rhino Productions

CLOUDS LYRICS

Well I fell down, down, down
Into this dark and lonely hole
There was no one there to care about me anymore
And I needed a way to climb and grab a hold of the edge
You were sitting there holding a rope

And we'll go up, up, up
But I'll fly a little higher
We'll go up in the clouds because the view is a little nicer
Up here my dear
It won't be long now, it won't be long now

When I get back on land
Well I'll never get my chance
Be ready to live and it'll be ripped right out of my hands
Maybe someday we'll take a little ride
We'll go up, up, up and everything will be just fine

And we'll go up, up, up
Up here my dear

If only I had a little bit more time
If only I had a little bit more time with you

We could go up, up, up
And take that little ride
And sit there holding hands
And everything would be just right
And maybe someday I'll see you again
We'll float up in the clouds and we'll never see the end

And we'll go up, up, up
Up here my dear
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Clouds by Zach Sobiech - help it go viral !

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm

:cry: ^:)^ :-BD God bless you, Zach. What a wonderful song!
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Clouds by Zach Sobiech - help it go viral !

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm

it is an amazing song...thanks for bringing it to our attention...

thoughts and prayers are with zach and every child stricken low... :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Re: Clouds by Zach Sobiech - help it go viral ! UPDATE

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 am

UPDATE Dec.21st 2012 - No, the world hasn't ended for us and thanks to many of you, Zach's song and his story has gone viral !!! When this was brought to my attention there was only some 42,000 views on YouTube and the hope was to get it to a million, but checking now it is over 1.2 million, yessss, and there is five days til Christmas Day. Reading the comments people have put on the youtube video must bring him and his family great deal of joy. People worldwide are praising this inspiring song.

Comments like this:

Zach, Ever since I heard this song of yours, I have been so much more appreciative of the life I have. I applaude you for making this song that is touching so many peoples hearts. It might not seem fair to you for your short stay here on this Earth, but God must have a different plan for you. He does work in very mysterious ways. Every time I hear you sing this song, I just think of how unselfish you are for taking the time you have left to touch so many people.

I am a coaster. I started listening because Ian Punnett asked us to listen as a present to Zach. I am still surprised everyday what a gift it has been to me. What a gift it has been so so many others. Ian Punnet had no way to know if this would be accomplished. He certainly had no way to know the response from the world. The inspirational comments from over 5,000 people who commented. Nothing else says this better than " A Christmas Blessing to us ALL." Merry Christmas Zach.

My mother asked me to listen and find it, But didn't know the name so I searched and what I found was heart touching and warming. It's so beautiful. Music speaks the words we cannot say on paper and lasts forever

I gave the Donation about a week ago and wondered if they really sent the copy of Zach's song CLOUDS when you donate a certain amount. Imagine my surprise( was priceless) when on friday i received the beautiful song from Zach that i will like my family to play as they walk my ashes to the grave i have asked GOD that i will give Zach years of my life if I can. But i also know my time here might not be too long since my health is going from bad to worst. I will go up,up......up.

Thank you everyone for helping to surpass a million view. This push to a million was initiated by Ian Punnett of Coast to Coast AM as a present to Zach. Zach your music has touch my heart and the many that has viewed your video.Marry Christmas Zach may you be blessed with a miracle like John Bennett from the movie Ted was on Christmas morning . Everybody lets try for 2 million views by New Years.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby lobbybobby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Great job Mike on spreading the word. :-BD
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:15 pm

My small part and the parts of everyone, the compounding and accompanying momentum associated is in essence is the backbone of going viral. I don't mean to take any credit at all, and if it appears that way, please forgive me, just thankful some of us played little part to spread the word.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby mr h atom » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 pm

no worries, mike...you are a true gentleman ! honorable and noble in intent and execution...you do us all proud, sir !

...now...that hair.... :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby lobbybobby » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 am

Saw this on CNN this a.m. Over 2 million hits on you tube.

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html? ... -song.wcco
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA - all discussions