Dishonest advertising

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Dishonest advertising

Postby Jeremy K2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi all

Sadly this is my first grizzle and moan on this forum. When a person buys an item, whatever it is, and it lists the contents of what is included then you expect to get everything you are paying for.
I forked out a lot of money after much deliberation to buy the RAM super deluxe version which was supposed to inlcude a years free membership digital access on paulmccartney.com. I go on line to find this service does not exist anymore. :sad: Fair enough change is envitable etc, but at the least they could have given a date of closure with the membership card details.
Basically I have been cheated and did not get what I was alluded to being payinbg for :sad: . This is actually false advertsing a serious error of judgement on the companies and peoples involved.

JK
P.S On a cheeier note I found Paul's latest dvd relesase at Capitol wonderful except maybe for some of Eric Costello's gushing in the accompanying booklet. I am a huge Paul fan but I fail to see while interviewers feel the need to 'suck-up' and flatter Paul with every question/statement they make.
Jeremy K2

Re: Dishonest advertising

Postby chris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:45 pm

sorry you didn't get what you were expecting. and i understand your feeling cheated. however...this site didn't sell you the super delux ram cd, right? i mean. you have a right to be slighted, but if this site didn't do the cheating...why post this here? you may be able to return your item from where you bought it (although returning opened cd's and dvd's can be tricky here). this being the christmas season, companies don't want vocal unhappy customers. bring it back to where you bought it. submit unhappy reviews from the site. let people know. you can even post your unsatisfaction on facebook. make some noise. be heard. you may be able to return it. good luck
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm

I understand your point but let's remember how things happened from the beginning. I also got the Premium membership on Paul's official website. I did it just to get tickets on the fans' presale for the show in Mexico last May 8th and the said it was a ONE YEAR LONG membership. The Ram deluxe edition was released a couple of weeks later, also in May, and in those days this premium member ship was available. So, the albums you just bought comes with this card which includes the code to get the membership but, turns out Paul's team decided to get rid of this section a couple of months ago. Is not like they lied to you, I repeat, when the edition came out, the promotion was still available.

As for me, I also got disappointed when I figured out that my Premium membership only lasted 6 or 7 months. But what can we do about it?
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lobbybobby » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Who is Eric Costello?
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:47 pm

lobbybobby wrote:Who is Eric Costello?

elvis clapton's evil twin, silly
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm

I thought Eric Costello was Bud Abbott's partner.... :smile:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:02 pm

who's on first ?

oh, sheeeeeeeeeeeepdip 8-}

wrong funsite
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to MACCA - all discussions