Macca to appear on SNL next Demember 15th

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca to appear on SNL next Demember 15th

Postby lobbybobby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

I predict he will open with "The Christmas Song". I also predict he will close with "Wonderful Christmastime". I predict they will also use him in a skit or two. I predict I won't make anymore predictions.
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm

if he does do WC...i hope he... :-?? ...finds some way to flesh out the lyrics a bit more...

the song, while nice, has one of his more weak-in-content set of lyrics

or, if he hooked up with one of those really cool bell-ringing outfits...brought in a childrens choir...really fleshed out the song...let it all rip in a fun way...i could dig that

heck...he could forever warm my little heart by bringing out ringo and giving 'christmas time (is here again)' and i'd be in seventh heaven... :YMPRAY:

either way, since neither have been sung into the ground, i'd be okay (not as happy as 3 spankin' new songs :wink: , but happy)...'specially if he came up a third not-overused, not-over-cooked chestnut to roast :-D
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby L Dozier » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:42 pm

mr h atom wrote:...hope he has a good time and a great performance

Yes, I hope he does well. The last time he was SNL, I felt embarrassed for him. He didn't sound good and the songs were STALE...which is what everyone here is saying, I suppose.

(That's why I hardly ever post - someone else has usually said it already!!)
L Dozier

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:10 pm

L Dozier wrote:
mr h atom wrote:...hope he has a good time and a great performance

Yes, I hope he does well. The last time he was SNL, I felt embarrassed for him. He didn't sound good and the songs were STALE...which is what everyone here is saying, I suppose.

(That's why I hardly ever post - someone else has usually said it already!!)

Let's remember that the last time Paul appeared on SNL was late 2010 just when the remastered edition of Band on the run was released, that's why he performed Jet, 1985 and Band on the run.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 pm

hmmm...maybe true...but, then...he could've done 'mamunia', 'picassos last words' and 'helen wheels' and been fresher all while promoting the remaster...all while reminding everyone that there are more great songs on that album than just those 3....

snl audiences are used to hearing new music by artists: mccartney could play anything and it'd be new to them...he could promote M2 and do ''on the way', 'one of these days' and /or 'temporary secretary' and be far more 'fresh'...he could promote M1 and do 'that would be something', 'oo you/momma miss america' and 'man we was lonely' an it'd be like all new to that crowd....he could promote the ram remaster and do '3 legs', 'uncle albert/admiral halsey' and 'back seat of my car'

heck...he could promote all three and do 'OTW', 'MWWL' and 'BSOMC' and it'd be better than ever hearing botr on snl again....

sorry...can't defend his choices...he needs to build the legacy in what time is left not re-serve dried up leftovers over and over and over again
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:26 pm

H,

I agree. I want to hear something new. Or something NEVER played before in concert. As mentioned before, with his vast catalog of songs, one would think he would do something different but he keeps to the old stand bys. As I have said before, I hope, that the die hard Macca fan wants something different. That Day is Done, Winedark Open Seas, Monkberry Moon Delight, Oh! Darling. Even Maxwell's Silver Hammer. But for the occasional Macca fan the songs he has been singing are fine. But I am a DIE HARD MACCA FAN.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 pm

i fully understand, as so many have often pointed out, that he builds these sets for all the fans...but, lets face it: these shaft the macca fan...always have...they also shaft the vast, deep, eclectic macca catalogue...

think springsteen...i was just watching the hyde park concert from a few years back and one of the first songs is 'outlaw pete'...

'outlaw pete' ?

now...i ove that song, but...is that a very well known song amongst the just coming to see bruce set ?
\
from the audience respeonse, it is among bruce fans, they loved it...

all the songs you've mentioned, g4, are well known among macca fans...

he needs to tilt the field to honor his legacy...while tossing in a few for the lackadaisial nonfan...they'll still love the concerts

there's a bootload of beatle songs he has never done...that would make those fans happy...everyone else, just won't care that much...trust me, they'll have a good time...even if they don't hear L&LD, BOTR or Jet....
mr h atom

Postby flextint » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 am

He might do Here Today for John since he is in newyork at this time of lennon passing.I would say he will also do the CHRISTMAS SONG.And last but not least...get back! :salute
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:23 am

Totally agree that some sort of change in the setlists would be a good thing...but I really don t think tat would happen. Macca never has been a preforming artist like say Dylan or Neil Young. He simple give the people what they want - that is to say a truckload of Beatlessongs played almost exactly the way they sounded back in the days plus his most well known solo/wingsstuff and the occasional concert to promote new stuff. Why change a winning formula. His voice certainly has lost some of it s range - a natural thing when you reach his age. But he still can use it effective -KOTB is a proof of that.
I would like to hear live versions Backseat of my car, Smile away, to much rain, mr Bellamey, Love in song, Listen to what the man said,Souvernir and all those great songs but THAT will never happen. Let s hope for a great new album anyway
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 pm

hey, it's christmas time. paul...snl...lighten up. you guys need some christmas cheer. sigh...okay...i'll volunteer to whip up some of my famous schwetty balls. thats bound to cheer everyone up.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions