Paul's New Grammy Nominations

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by nicholeantoinette
quote:Originally posted by stevew628
The Grammy period of time (as i understand it), is: Nov 1 2001 thru Nov 1, 2002. I might be a month off or so, but I think that's close.

Oh, you know what I was thinking of, guys? His OSCAR nom! Ooops! [:o)]

Brainwashed sure should be in there for next year!
You were right the first time, Nich..he IS nominated for a GRAMMY for best song from a motion picture.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby nicholeantoinette » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:43 pm

Oh, yes, dear, I know. I thought he was being nominated for the same accolade, same song. But it's different accolade, same song.

Gave it a spin this morning from one of my Breakfast With The Beatles tapes [:I] ...still very good stuff! Hope I can someday pluck a 6 stringer like that! xo
nicholeantoinette

Postby Wings » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:14 am

I wonder if he will perform on the show? I remember seeing him on the grammys in 1990 to get an award but he did not sing. he did make a nice small speach.
Wings

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:17 am

quote:Originally posted by Wings
I wonder if he will perform on the show? I remember seeing him on the grammys in 1990 to get an award but he did not sing. he did make a nice small speach.

Yes, for the lifetime achievement. I have it on tape. Yes, he delivered a wonderful speech. Merryl Streep gave a long introductory, tearful speech. Kinda got on my nerves at times. Actually, it always annoys me when these celebrities talk about Paul, like in the DVD. Because I wonder how many solo albums of Paul's they actually have. If any at all.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:22 am

Celebrities talk about Paul on the DVD? I did see some famous people in the crwod (Jack Nicholson, John Cusak, Michael Douglas) but are there interviews?

By the way, how did Paul take that speech by Meryl Streep? I saw a small piece of that speech sometime ago, and I remember it was terribly sentimental. I wonder if Paul liked that, or if he was embarrassed by it.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:50 am

That was one of the Grammy all time highlights for me - when Meryl Streep presented our Paul with his LifeTime Achievement Award with her heartfelt speech about how she saw The Beatles perform at Shea Stadium when she was a teenager! So sweet. I think he appreciated it because he teased her with a big grin and, "Ah yes, 16th row, 3 seats to the right" or something like that. And I Loved his jacket that night! Those frog closures - so cool! But unfortunately the color chose that night not to work on my tv so I didn't get to see the color(s). I wish they'd re-run that segment on VH1 or something.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:57 am

I think I have it on tape, Shinestar, if you'd like to work out a trade for something I didn't tape.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:57 am

Yeah, it was a great moment. But I still wonder how many solo albums Meryl actually owns. I'm sorry, but that just bothers me. But anyway, yes it was a great tribute. Complete with AWESOME performances by Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:00 pm

Yeah, man. I thought the same thing---Taking into account her considerable acting talents, I wonder just how much was real heartfelt sentiment. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:04 pm

I remember seeing Ozzy in the front row applauding. I always think it's so cool how he like worships The Beatles. Especially Paul.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions