clint eastwood

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: clint eastwood

Postby Awesoman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm

mr h atom wrote:wow...it's insipidly low, stupid, hateful and uninformed comments like that that remind me how much my party has led the way to dumbing down american politics

while you're feeling so satisfied with yourself there, awes...lets not forget that bush created the economic crisis and did absolutely nothing to try to fix it...and it is the fallout of which we are all still living through

the economy was not only ready to tank at the end of '08...but the very real threat of a serious depression was at hand...thanks to the current admin's even handed approach...that did not happen

it was bush who got us quagmired in two wars...one of which (iraq) was entirely unnecessary and built on lies...bush took his eyes off the prize in afghanistan and let the bad guy, the reason we went there in the first place, get away...8 years of war and no bin laden

in less than 4 , obama got the bad guy and has us, slowly, on our way out of all three of bushs' quagmires

as a (r)...i'm not at all proud of the stupidity and trouble we've caused...it behooves us to be smarter and quit blaming the other guy for our mistakes

You sure do love making baseless assumptions, don't you? All I've said is that Obama hasn't been a good president. Didn't even bother to give my reasons, but that alone automatically makes me insipid, low, stupid, hateful and uninformed? And when did I blame Obama over Bush's mistakes? I don't even need to compare him to Bush; Obama's ineffective leadership and poor handling of the economy has won him many of his own blunders. I will credit him for getting Bin Laden as one of the few successes of his presidency. But if the country continues to sink, I'd argue Obama's re-election hopes are in dire jeopardy. Hell, we may even see Wings get their own RRHOF induction before Obama wins a second term. ;)
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:55 pm

what a load... =;
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Awesoman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 pm

mr h atom wrote:what a load... =;

Ah yes, the classic "duck and run" technique. Throw out a bunch of baseless accusations, then cowardly run away when challenged by them. You stay classy, Atom! :santa
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 am

classy is trying to keep in mind that this is the 'paul discussion area' and not let the conversation drift down a long, dark tunnel...
i've always thought that the old adage that it doesn't work well to talk to a brick wall works fine for me...
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 am

Politics is one thing that can make the mostly friendly mood on this site shift into something entirely different. Can t resist to comment anyway. As an outsider when it comes to american politics some might argue that whoever becomes president in USA is of no concern of mine - but that is not true since USA are the worlds leading(at lead in some areas) nation.
The most important issue for a worldleader now should be enviromental issues and the global warming now. Obama has disappointed many in these areas but his problem is that he can t decide everything himself. That s democracy and the republicans have the congress majority. And I don t think the chance of being reelected is very good for someone who openly questioned "the american way of life" that is to say the spending mostof the worlds resources. But Obama at least admit there is a problem something a lot of republicans don t. Right now we see changes of weather turning more extreme, the arctic,antarctis ice melting fast and a lot of different and worrying things. According to most scientists it s already to late to stop this process but there is still a chance for real harm reduction. That takes a strong political leadership both in USA and developing counties like China and India. A leadership that is sadly missing. Personally I think a reelected Obama have a greater chance in dealing with these things than mr Romney who has responsibilities to the right where most people deny the environmental problem
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 am

:-O

color me impressed
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am

A bit oftopic but I can t resist sharing the wonderful Randy Newmans new song with y all. I s his personal wiew of the election
http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/new-ran ... 2012-09-18
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:59 pm

mhnso wrote:A bit oftopic but I can t resist sharing the wonderful Randy Newmans new song with y all. I s his personal wiew of the election
http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/new-ran ... 2012-09-18

Typical rant from the left, change the subject, make it a racial issue. Has nothing to do the color of his skin, why do they always want to make it about that. It's like putting in the black guy was more important than anything he had accomplished to that date. It's now about what he has done (or in his case, hasn't), and how bad a job he is doing with failed policies in the most part. Just getting so sick of the left playing the race card anytime someone has something bad to say about this president. Please can you please think a bit more liberal and give people credit for their own intelligence and opinion and their right to come to their own conclusion and not immediately jump to the wrong conclusion. It's been either blame Bush or blame the color of his skin, get over it.

Of course there are extreme elements of society truly against the color of people's skin, just like there are extreme elements of society against hard working people making money and being successful.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm

That Randy Newman song is pathetic and disgusting. I guess just being white makes you a stumbling bumbling racist, idiotic fool. It's amazing the amount of ugliness that spews from the mouths of those who claim moral superiority. Talk about knowing when it's time to give it up...Randy Newman is long past that point!
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 pm

sorry, mike and EF, but it is no more a slanted 'rant' than was good ol' clints speech at the RNC ...it does, however, illuminate a very real problem, one that many of my like minded (r)'s are more than a bit concerned about, as well...

i'm not exactly sure of what political positions newman partakes...nor do i really care: i do know that he is rather well known as an articulate and astute observer of the world around him...as well as a bit of a satirist...

either way, in this case, he probably is no more off the mark for saying what he feels than clint eastwood was...

as a 50 year old white guy living deep in red country (and, as i keep mentioning..a registered R)...it would be dishonest if i did not point out the very real fact that a lot of the animosity coming from our side of the fence aimed at obama is about the color of his skin... maybe not all, certainly (possibly) not even a large amount...but it is very clearly there, nonetheless...

as an observer of my own party in this state, i won't even get into the racial jokes, cartoons and mockery that alot of people from my party have diseminated so often, but...if i've heard once how much we ''need to get the monkey out of the white house' i've hear it a thousand times...there should be no doubt, if we are going to be honest, it is stupid to ignore even this small bit of reality, especially when all we are do is falling into the a trap of our own making.

if clint has the freedom to mock and jest, randy has the freedom to do so as well. after all...it's all just fun and games in a free and open society, right ?

but we should not act so hurt if some of those slings and arrows seem to fall a bit too closely; we, just as easily as they, have bounded a bit too closely to some rather unsavory types...it behooves us not to forget that
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions