Paul & The Mysterious Album Covers

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby beatlelarry » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:49 pm

I find it interesting that several of Paul's album covers have been "updated" or amended over the years. Let's start with McCartney. The bowl of cherries on the front cover. That's it. Wildlife, another photo with no title. Stickers were added to the above 2 to let the buyer know that it was a Paul album. And now, Driving Rain., I guess people couldn't figure out it was Paul on the cover, and a nice clear bright color photo of 60 year old Paul jumpin out of a car had to be slipped over the case to boost sales (?) Are people really that dumb? Does anyone know the LPs Paul used Hipgnosis to design the cover?

Last thought, the Icelandic band Sigur Ros' new CD "()" uses made-up non-sensical language. I say that they stole Paul's idea of long ago. To wit, try deciphering the lyrics for "Mumo".
beatlelarry
Supporter
Supporter

Postby beatlelarry » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:49 pm

I find it interesting that several of Paul's album covers have been "updated" or amended over the years. Let's start with McCartney. The bowl of cherries on the front cover. That's it. Wildlife, another photo with no title. Stickers were added to the above 2 to let the buyer know that it was a Paul album. And now, Driving Rain., I guess people couldn't figure out it was Paul on the cover, and a nice clear bright color photo of 60 year old Paul jumpin out of a car had to be slipped over the case to boost sales (?) Are people really that dumb? Does anyone know the LPs Paul used Hipgnosis to design the cover?

Last thought, the Icelandic band Sigur Ros' new CD "()" uses made-up non-sensical language. I say that they stole Paul's idea of long ago. To wit, try deciphering the lyrics for "Mumo".
beatlelarry
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA - all discussions