BEST / WORST 2002

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

BEST / WORST 2002

Postby paja » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:35 pm

What are your favorites for 2002? The worst garbage? The BEST-#1 MACCA,of course!The 2cd "Back in the US Live 2002". #2 "Brainwashed" by George/Other good stuff-"Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones,"Sea Change" by Beck. NOW THE GARBAGE-#1 WORST goes to(drum roll)-"Only A Woman Like You" by Michael(i never met a song i couldn't butcher)Bolton #2(3 way tie)"Just Whitney" by Whitney(pass me the pipe Bobby)Houston,"Charmbraclet" by Mariah Carey,and "Stripped" by Christina Aguilera/other parcels for the scrap heap include-"American Idol-Greatest Moments"by various(what greatest moments?-maybe when the whole thing was over.),"Live in Paris"by Dianna Krall(please get a voice or stay in Paris).[:D][:D]
paja

BEST / WORST 2002

Postby paja » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:35 pm

What are your favorites for 2002? The worst garbage? The BEST-#1 MACCA,of course!The 2cd "Back in the US Live 2002". #2 "Brainwashed" by George/Other good stuff-"Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones,"Sea Change" by Beck. NOW THE GARBAGE-#1 WORST goes to(drum roll)-"Only A Woman Like You" by Michael(i never met a song i couldn't butcher)Bolton #2(3 way tie)"Just Whitney" by Whitney(pass me the pipe Bobby)Houston,"Charmbraclet" by Mariah Carey,and "Stripped" by Christina Aguilera/other parcels for the scrap heap include-"American Idol-Greatest Moments"by various(what greatest moments?-maybe when the whole thing was over.),"Live in Paris"by Dianna Krall(please get a voice or stay in Paris).[:D][:D]
paja

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:13 am

BEST

back in the us
brainwashed

WORST

anything by any boy band
most of MTV
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Thomas » Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:52 pm

Best

Escapology - Robbie Williams
Back in the US - Macca
Groeten uit Maaiveld - Acda & de Munnik

worst
anything by Eminem
the ketchup song
dirty - christina Aguilera

best wishes for 2003 for everybody
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:55 pm

Gotta disagree about Eminem. My respect for this cat has jumped about 50 notches over the last month or so. I couldn't STAND Eminem before. But then I REALLY started listening, man. And I finally see what all the hype is about. The guy is a brilliant writer. Seriously. I think his latest single from the 8 Mile soundtrack is great. I still may not agree with all his lyrics, and I may think he acts like a punk half the time, but the dude deserves his props for sure. And as far as Christina Aguilera, not a huge fan, but that Dirty video is very, erm, refreshing. LOL
Ram1

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:10 pm

Best: Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood to the Head

Neil Finn - One Nil(rest of world)
One All(US)

Neil Finn and Friends- Live at the St James(seven worlds collide)

YES-Symphonic -Live in Amsterdam DVD

Worst: Not having any of these in your collection
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:36 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Gotta disagree about Eminem. My respect for this cat has jumped about 50 notches over the last month or so. I couldn't STAND Eminem before. But then I REALLY started listening, man. And I finally see what all the hype is about. The guy is a brilliant writer. Seriously. I think his latest single from the 8 Mile soundtrack is great. I still may not agree with all his lyrics, and I may think he acts like a punk half the time, but the dude deserves his props for sure. And as far as Christina Aguilera, not a huge fan, but that Dirty video is very, erm, refreshing. LOL
i agree dude he is a pretty talented guy, my opinion about him has changed alot, also, over the past ummmmm year, even my english teacher who listens to most of the same bands as me thinks he is a talented guy and worked VERY hard to get were he is now, and some of his songs are actually pretty good, and i dont even like rap[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:41 pm

I hated the punk until around the time he had the song out with the Dido (or whatever) sample. Then, The Em show got me listening with a little more respect. Then came the stuff from 8 Mile. He is a GREAT talent, but still a punk, lol. I dont own anything---I just hear him on radio and some of the newer stuff strikes me as brilliant.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:44 pm

Same here, Steve. I don't own anything, but the stuff I hear is brilliant. I've really been tempted to buy the 8 Mile soundtrack. Maybe eventually when I have extra cash.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:10 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
BEST

back in the us
brainwashed

WORST

anything by any boy band
most of MTV

I'm with you, Scrodfish.
I'll also add to the WORST list:
Anything by any girl band