Waterfalls video commentary

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Waterfalls video commentary

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 pm

You wouldn't be the only one who can't stand Spector, H. I don't see what John ever saw in him. Seems to me he's quite the dunderhead when it comes to...well whatever it is he's supposedly good at. Anyway he's got a long time to think about it where he's at now. Back to the topic (sorta), I seem to recall John thinking Paul sounded depressed when he made McCartney II. I think there's some validity to that opinion, but don't get me wrong- I love McCartney II. I also love All Things Must Pass and you're so right about the remastered version. It sounds great and the extra goodies are wonderful.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby warmerchord » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 am

I think Paul might have been a bit depressed when he recorded II. I think it's one of his most personal records, the eclectic and strange nature of it reflecting what was going on in his mind at the moment, needing to get away from the struggle of commandeering Wings, getting back to what he does best alone in the studio with nobody to clash with or be influenced by. I like that aspect of it :) and I feel a new topic coming on!
warmerchord

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:16 pm

And don't forget he spent some time in a Japanese jail prior to recording McCartney II
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby warmerchord » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Precisely, his thoughts must have been all over the place what with the breakup of Wings, the jailing, the relief to be on safe ground, his name in the press at that time... no wonder its such a strange, scattered album.
warmerchord

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions