lymup catrance

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

lymup catrance

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:14 pm

was featured in todays 'jumble' puzzle appearing in newspapers (and possibly the 'net) on this day aknowledging an interesting bit of musical/culinary history...see if you can find it before today becomes...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Re: lymup catrance

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:44 am

Well, I went to link called "Today in Beatle History", right here on this website.

The Beatles in the recording studio (Studios One and Three, EMI Studios, London). A marathon day of recording. In Studio One from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm, the orchestral overdubs for "I Am the Walrus" are recorded (16 musicians playing violins, cellos, clarinet, and horns). Then The Beatles move to Studio Three, starting at 7:00 pm and not ending until 3:30 am. They work with 16 singers from the Mike Sammes Singers (8 male and 8 female), getting them to sing odd bits such as "Ho-ho-ho, He-he-he, Ha-ha-ha", "Oompah, Oompah, stick it up your jumpah!", and "Got one, got one, everybody's got one". The singers also record a series of shrill whooping noises. Before the end of the session, Paul records another vocal onto "The Fool on the Hill".
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

um...i'm not sure if the 'day in beatle history' was quite what i meant: sorry, big m, my english is so weak sometimes ! :wink:

the 'jumble' was about a moment in beatle history lore, not necessarily one that happened on sept 26...but, since that was yesterday....

i just thought it interesting that there was a paul-centric puzzle in that famous daily strip, in case anyone was interested ! :-D
mr h atom

Postby chris » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 pm

lymup catrance...is that paul mccartney jumbled? hmmm. makes me wonder...what does that have to do with culinary...anything? it is probably quite simple. but things have been known to go over my head.

not good at jumbles. and don't even get me started on metaphors...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 am

well...yes, chris it is a jumble..and you'd have to track down yesterdays official 'jumble' (published in newspapers on monday sept 26: usually on the comics page) to get to the point i was trying to make..which has something to do with words being...i don't know...scrambled and the origins of one song in particular, written by lymup catrance :-?
mr h atom

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm

mr h atom wrote:um...i'm not sure if the 'day in beatle history' was quite what i meant: sorry, big m, my english is so weak sometimes ! :wink:

the 'jumble' was about a moment in beatle history lore, not necessarily one that happened on sept 26...but, since that was yesterday....

i just thought it interesting that there was a paul-centric puzzle in that famous daily strip, in case anyone was interested ! :-D

Yeah, I know but it was the 1st thing that came to my mind reading this so after looking it up and getting the info, I put too much effort into it so I just continued with the reply, even though it not what you wanted :)
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby mr h atom » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm

no prob, kime ! :lol:
mr h atom

Return to MACCA - all discussions