Respect for a Living Legend!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Respect for a Living Legend!

Postby ominous1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello everyone,

As a new member of Macca Central I hope the following will not be out of order.

On Friday during the morning news in Los Angeles, it was reported that Paul would marry again. This was nice to hear. What wasn't nice the hear was the comment made by Dorothy Lucey of FOX 11's Good Day LA news cast. It has been a running joke for Ms. Lucy and her co-anchor Jullian Renoylds, evey time that there is a story about Paul they find humor in calling him Angela Lansbury. Ms. Lucey said," So Angela Lansbury is getting married again." It may have been funny the first time it was said by Ms Renoylds some years back but now it's just mean spirited and disrespectful. I understand that as public figures celebrities are sometime made fun of but this I feel is just disrespectful. I may be overreacting and could just let it go like I did the first time but it's something that hit a nerve and is bothering.

I hope I haven't brought any negative vibe to the site as that is not my intention. I just wanted to share my views with Paul's fans. Maybe if we contacted the station and let them know how we feel it might change their behavior?

Peace
ominous1

Re: Respect for a Living Legend!

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 pm

I wouldn't bother. In fact if they're ignored they just might go away. Anyway, I don't get the connection between Angie and Paul. By the way, from one newcomer to another, welcome aboard.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:43 pm

on behalf of all of us, i appeciate your concern. but, personally, i'd suggest you lighten up a bit. it wasn't mean spirited or disrespectful. it was a joke. you would rather no one said anything about him? he's a celebrity. and i've seen the photos of him and angela lansbury...know what? there might even be a bit of a resemblance.

here is what i think. you become famous, maybe even real famous...and people refer to you. sometimes things said will be good, sometimes... not so much. do you fear people will remember that comment? maybe even think thats what he'll be known for? i'm pretty sure people will be talking about his music long after that comment is forgotten. that's what this site is for.

besides, there are much meaner things you can say about the guy. you can call him a lightweight songwriter. you can call him a bad actor. you can even call him dead. i got a feeling paul will be around to survive much worse.

and, being the old codger that i am, i have to be honest...have you seen ms lansbury when she was younger? she was one foxy lady, she was one hot potato...she was the bees knees...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 am

First of all welcome to this site
Then I have to say I agree with Chris. Acelebritue with the enormous status Macca has have to put out with a lot of jokes, mockery and things worse than that. Don t see it as any real problem. Actually I think I have made a joke or two here sometimes about things concerning Macca. I admire his wok enormosly and compared to other giant celebrities Macca seems a rather decent person. But still he - and we I think -has to put up with these kind of jokes - funny or not. Personally I found it rather humourous but taste is a difficult thing to argue about
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

You admire his wok? I didn't know he was that into chinese cookery.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:21 pm

i could go for some moo shu pork. but only if we can get some extra plum sauce. gotta stay regular...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 am

Greetings ominous1,

Let it Be. Like that play on words? Jokes about Paul have been around since the early 1970's or longer. It bothers me too sometimes but he keeps rocking so ignore it. Yes it's hard when you admire the man as much as most of us here do, but if he hears about it and it bothers him, let him do something about it. He has more clout than we do anyway.

Chalk (is that spelled correctly?) it up to ignorance on someone who needs to be paid attention to.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:44 am

Who is Angela Lansbury?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gjh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 pm