Paul and Slash

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul and Slash

Postby chris » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 pm

thehud wrote:Freedom is one of the greatest songs ever written, people just don't get it!

let's not stray off topic, but...that... is... hilarious.

wait...are you being serious?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 pm

I don't mind the song Freedom; it's an o.k. ditty and I do "get" it, but to say it's one of the greatest songs ever written? I wouldn't go nearly that far. However, I don't begrudge you your right to believe that. But the lyrics seem a bit pedestrian for a guy of Paulie's stature.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:49 pm

actually, nicely said, efghij...much nicer than i said it, anyway.

if you want to like it, go ahead (i don't). if you want to love it, have at it (i don't). and if you want to think it's great, go right ahead.

but i wouldn't even call it one of the greatest songs on the album that it appears on. not even in the top ten...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby thehud » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Good to see a lot of opinions on here but as for me I want to live a free life I want to live in freedom and I will fight for that right! It's only rock and roll and oh yeah I love it!
there is no such thing as a ' bad ' Paul McCartney album, period .
thehud

Postby gjh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 pm

I've always appreciated the different musicians paul has chosen and staying with the unknowns has been a good thing i think
the group he has now is fantastic and a recording with slash would definitely be interesting
i would really like to see just paul tho..an album covering his own songs but all acoustic
him,a microphone and acoustic guitar..niel young style
before they recorded helter skelter i saw a clip of john and george martin talking and paul banging out this song on the guitar in the background
trying to figure out the arrangement i suppose..it sounded really good!!
now to do a full acoustic album would be the most awsomest (:
bring on all the other musicians..its all good..but paul on his own with no one else would be great
it also opens up different interpertations of great songs when performing purely acoustic
hello again to everyone
:)
gjh

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 am

I don t hate Freedom. Actually I save emotion like hate to other issuses than music. But honestly I don t like tje music or the words to it but can understand it concerning the circumstances it was made. According to Howard Sounes biography Heather Mills had a lot to do with that song something that doesn t surprise me at all.
If someone here think Freedom is one of the greatset song ever made that is a tr uth for that person won t argue with that just say that I don t feel the same abou that particular song like for instance Penny Lane, Hey Jude, Maybe I m amazed or Band on the run
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Those are some pretty good songs, mhnso. So...Ms. Mills had a hand in Freedom, eh? I did not know that as I have not read that particular book yet.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions