wouldn t this be a nice eh balladalbum

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: wouldn t this be a nice eh balladalbum

Postby mr h atom » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

yeah, back to reality: i agree with the precursor-to-driving-rain, that is uber cool

and back to the subject: didn't paul sort of hint at an album like this some years ago...was there ever a track list...wasn't there a rumored 'rock' album, as well

anyone..anyone
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby bravefan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I would have thought, maybe hoped that my response to Mr H was tongue in cheek. I guess it is difficult to interpret humor sometimes in written form. I solely admit I am not as learned as many Macca fans on here. That said, my apoolgies for making people have to explain themselves. When I typed I was taking abuse I was smiling the whole time. While we have had a couple of verbal jousts, I very much respect MrH's knowledge and his way with words. Part of the appeal of this website is to exchange points of view as well as gain information about Macca gems I have forgotten about or remained ignorant of for all these years. I'll keep asking the questions but will do my best to not put people in a defensive frame of mind. I just don't want MrH thinking that he's having battle of wits with an unarmed person. Treat me gentle, treat me kind. Peace!!!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:01 pm

i most deeply apologize for missing the humor...y'know what rodney king said...can't we all just run from the ...oh, wait, that's not right...well, y'know...

and...hey, glad to know i'm not the only one armed bandit...no need to bow before me, i'm low enough as it is !

ask my wife !

now...about those ballads.........
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 am

What so funny bout peace, love and understanding
Great song from the great Nick Lowe made imortal by mr Elvis Costello the co-writer of another great Macca ballad Mistress and maid. Actually they wrote som very good songs togehter. Were were we - don t remember -age you see. Actually Nick Lowe made an album called at my age. Dont know what that got to do with anything but who cares.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:28 pm

i care, M...i care... :YMHUG:

hey...'M' is also a song by the cure !

cure and cave both start with 'c'

and 'm' and 'c' are the 1st two letters of pauls last name !!

COINCIDENCE ?? :-BD
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:41 am

Don t think there are such thing as coincidence. Cure I never liked but Nick Lowe has made some very good music. Actually on his first album there is a very Maccasounding track called I think "nutted by reality" where he sings the wonderful lines "I heard they castrated Castro - cut of everything he had - what a lowdown dirty thing to do to mess him up like that", Don t think our Paul ever would write lines like that. Don t know why I keep mentioning Nick Lowe all the time more than I like the fellow and his latest albums are bleeding masterpieces all of them. Otherwise another nice ballad from Paul is Call me back again from Venus and mars- it s a rockballad but has a nice New Orleans feel, great horns and a vocalperfomance almost in the league of Oh Darling. Heaven on a sunday from Flaming Pie is another nice one - great bittersweet melody
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:25 am

what's really sad, m, is that...somehow, in my zeal to lightly jest, i got nick lowe mixed up with nick cave...both of whom are excellent, indeed, but not nearly the same type of singer/songwriter...another coinicindence...or me just trying to obscure my faux pas ?

i most humbly apologize...sad pasrt is, i hadn't even had anything to drink !

and, coincidentally...i happen to think 'call me back again' is a fantastic song, though, i'm not quite sure i'd consider it a ballad..and keeping up the non-coincidences...it's smokin', slightly jazzy , slightly bluesy feel would fit right in with a Beale street bar set

what is clear (and not-so-coincidental) is that mccartney has, throughout his career, written a huge amount of great songs, ballads and otherwise, and what's wrong with that ? :salute
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:07 am

Ballad or not ballad dunnknow really -always considered Call me back again sort of r n b ballad. Agree that Macca has written his share of great songs ballad or not ballad. I actually LIKE ebony and ivory - a song many people seem to dislike a lot. Of course it is a bit on the soft side but still has a great melody - so has Tug of war and Pipes of peace to
By the way there is a new album coming out from Nick Lowe in september although he works in a totally different field than Nick Cave
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:12 pm

Finally found the Nick Lowe/Nick Cave page! By the way, who is this Mccartney fellow? Sounds like he might be pretty all right.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:15 am

hes' done a few things, that mccrakney...i like that one that goes "1-2-3-4-5 lets go for a drive...6-7-8-9-10...eat a big fat hen !' or something... :oops:

i think it's the theme song 'Uncle Alberts Hall Of Chicken' !

international vegetarian chicken meals...tastes just like vegetarian alligator !

(actually...i'm trying to use psychology: if we keep talking about other artists and their new albums...maybe u-no-hoo will finally break out the real tunes !!) :-BD
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions